300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which EOTech for a Socom 16 ??

I ran into one of the State SRT members this afternoon while he was working regular patrol. I used to work a Municipal Agency with him a decade ago.

His State Tahoe was full of toys including a Full auto AR that had the EOTech halographic sight system.

Truly sweet. I decided I should have one on my Socom 16.

What is the best model for this application i.e. M1A ?

Right now I'm looking at the 512AA but request some opinions from those with experience.
    Last edited by Sgt. Geezer; 04-08-2007, 09:54 AM.
    Rule #1 - If it doesn't change supper it's not worth the worry.
    Rule #10 - YOU ARE NOW THE MINORITY. This country is no longer the one your parents knew. You will not be able to understand it. You will not be able to change it. You must learn to live with it.

I've got the 510N model on my M4. Love it. One of our other deputies has the 512AA on his. Everything is the same other than a little larger battery compartment as I recall. Excellent sighting system, even out at the 100 yard range. Great "both eyes open" capability when clearing a building, etc. The only change I made to my weapon is that I ground off the fixed front sight and put on a folding front and rear as a back up. The EOTech works fine with the fixed front but you will be looking at it as you use the EOTech. I wanted nothing in my sight picture to interfere. Here's a photo:
    http://forums.officer.com/forums/att...tid=1381&stc=1
    Attached Files
    Montana LEO
    'Where the prairie meets the mountains"

Comment

Reason for Editing.
      Last edited by lazycop; 02-23-2010, 02:00 PM.
      Work smarter not harder!

Comment

Without a doubt, get the new Eotech 553. They made some significant improvements in this model. First off the mounting system was modified from the single screw mount to the MUCH more reliable ARMS mount. Secondly, they changed the power souce to standard 123 lithiums. They provide longer and more stable service life then either the N or AA models. Plus, if you have a weapon light on your AR, you only need to carry one kind of extra battery.
        Originally posted by kontemplerande
        Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4627 users online. 305 members and 4322 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X