300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any LEO’s carrying 300 Blackout?

Sorry if this has been discussed, I just couldn’t find anything.

We are getting a SWAT Team going in my area, and I’m trying to get 300 blackout authorizes, but I’ve been tasked with finding other Departments using it. Most likely no one is issued one (unless they are on a team) due to the higher cost of ammo, but is anyone authorized to carry, or is anyone currently carrying or even previously? Thanks in advance.

Mike

Out of curiosity, why do you want 300 BO as a duty weapon? Pretty much everyone out there who is running carbines is running 5.56/.223 or pistol caliber 9mm/40cal or the wild 10mm.

Comment

Without getting into all of the details on my department, I’ll just cover this:

300 can utilize shorter barrels compared to 5.56

Suppression doesn’t make your rifle 16” because you have the ability to run a shorter barrel

Testing shows great results with the right ammo for duty use

Over penetration is always what is brought up, but the right ammo still passes FBI testing

Packs a bigger punch

I am looking at an AR pistol build with a 7.5” barrel and a custom made 4” suppressor.

Also running suppressed means you don’t have to worry as much about your hearing, and since it’s a smaller barrel I’ll only come out to 11.5”, instead of being almost back to a 16” rifle if I ran 5.56

Comment

I’ve never been a wildcat guy. Give me the classics. I’m good with that.
        I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

Do some research on your suppressors before you buy. Some manufacturers won’t cover a warranty if the barrel is less than 10”.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6412 users online. 209 members and 6203 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X