300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 32 Acp With Right Ammo?

Personally I dont like to carry anything off-duty less than 38special (with Corbon ammo) or 380acp with Magsafe ammo and for that reason if I can I Carry a Kahr 40 or Glock 27. Problem is the wife wants to carry but refuses to use the Jframe. She works very bad neighbor hoods at times and is a Tall Blonde. She contends she wants a pocket gun so thats why I have to consider the 32acp. If I do this which one should I get her? I narrowed it down to : Tomcat Beretta. Keltec 32acp..Need advice from those that know.
    "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The MARINES don't have that problem." ....Ronald Reagan

i have a keltec 32 and a tomcat 32. i had alot of bad feeds with the keltec using gold dots and i never experimented with any other ammo, i just kind of gave up on the gun. i like my tomcat alot and it has performed flawlessly with winchester silvertips. the keltec is definately smaller and lighter but i think the tomcat is a higher quality gun. if cost is an issue, the keltec is definately a cheaper gun but i prefer the tomcat by far. the only issue i can think of with the tomcat is the d/a first trigger pull. it's pretty heavy and might be a problem for a female.

Comment

How about a Keltec in 9mm. some good pics for comparison on this page.
      http://www.seark.net/~jlove/kel_tec_p11.htm

32acp is notorious for being hard to feed. The poster above might try Silvertips in his and see how it works.
      "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

I have owned a couple of the Beretta Cat series of tip up barrel pistols. I love to plink with my current Bobcat, but I will [B]NEVER[/B] carry a Beretta Tomcat or Bobcat, off duty or as a bug. They are not equipped with extractors and they are very ammo sensitive in regards to ejecting the spent casing. If money isn't a problem get a Seecamp. if it is a problem get a Kel-Tec and shoot the hell out of it first. Their warranty is top notch and they actually stand behind it. Also read the owners manual Seecamps are designed specifically for Silver tips, and Kel-tecs suck with aluminum ammo.

Just let her pick the gun and save yourself some headaches, my brother in law didn't and it cost him a lot of money. He bought his wife a Sig 232, and then a S&W 640 in .38 before she finally told him to stop trying. she then went out shoping on her own and bought a pistol that she liked. What did she get? A P-32, and after a few hundred rounds and discovering the above mentioned problem with aluminum ammo they both found the gun to be serviceable.
        Forti Fors Bona

Comment

fyrdog

did you ever have any problems with your berettas extracting the spent casings? i dont have a whole lot of rounds out of mine, but not one malfunction so far.
          Last edited by MJLinPA; 04-07-2007, 12:08 AM.

Comment

MJLinPA

I found that only nickle plated ammo would extract reliably enough for my taste's. After about 100 rounds at the range I start to expect at least one FTE per magazine. That isn't good enough for me to risk my butt on. Fit, finish, & quality control are way better on the Cat's than you will ever see on Kel-Tec's current line of pistols. But the lack of an extractor ruins a great design. I wish Beretta made the cats without a tip up barrel, and with an extractor. I would carry one in a heart beat. Currently I'll just have to stick to my 640.
            Forti Fors Bona

Comment

MJinPA I do have a Beretta 21A that ive had for over 16 years and Ive shot nothing but hypervelocity cci stingers out of and have NEVER,EVER had a jam. Extractor or not. Thats why i even considered the "Tomcat" because the 21a is the one she always takes and I cant convince her that 22LR is inferior because she's been with me and seen it shot very rapidly with no jams. I was a machinegunner in a previous life and I mean rapid bro. The tip up barrel is actually a good thing for a woman most ofwhich have issues with racking a slide anyway. I just dont know much about the Keltec's and have heard both good and bad. I do know if you get good hot ammo weather conventional or frangible type it should feed fine. I just dont know enough about 32ACP versus 380 ACP. I also wonder why the hell Beretta has never made a sub-compact 380 like a Tomcat or Bobcat. Like I said I dont think the extractor is a big issue if the ammo is hot. No offense fyrdog.
              "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The MARINES don't have that problem." ....Ronald Reagan

Comment

None taken,

Trust me I'm used to having my own opinion and don't get insulted when other people also have their own opinion. I've also devloped thick skin because, I get flamed regularly at work for disliking our two primary issue weapons.
                Forti Fors Bona

Comment

Lemme guess, Glocks.

Originally posted by fyrdog
                  None taken,

Trust me I'm used to having my own opinion and don't get insulted when other people also have their own opinion. I've also devloped thick skin because, I get flamed regularly at work for disliking our two primary issue weapons.
                  "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

If the Keltec in 32 is acceptable to her look at the 380 Keltec. Same size gun, bigger bullet and the recoil is about the same (to me anyway).

Comment

Lemme guess, Glocks.
                      Well you're half right pistols G-22/23, Im sorry to offened all those that like this reliable weapon. But it feels like some went to a construction site and pieced together some 2X3 scraps until thye liked the *HSO* that they came up with. It just doesn't feel right, so I don't like it. I have tried to give it a chance, I've owned a 19, 2 diffrent 23's and I'm issed a current generation G-22. And I've never liked any of them. I think tha the worst thing Glock has done was the addition of finger groves, they're just not placed right for my hands.

Now let me don my body armor and helmet, and climb under my desk before I type this next line.

Ok I'm under the desk, so her goes. The other weapon that is standard issue at work that I dislike is the M-4, I didn't like the A-2 when I was in the Marines, and I for dang shure aint impressed with the M-4. but unlike the Glock I was able to work around the M-4 and get issued a diffrent long gun, because I have an assigned vehicle and not a fleet car. So they issued me an 870. That I can live with and it works better for my primary assignment any way. The odd thing is, even though there's at least one additional rifle in the armory the long gun of choice for people with assigned vehicles at my department is a shotgun. My self and 1 detective both carry pumps, and the Det. Sgt. carries a Benelli SBS that was his assigned weapon when he was assigned to Swat. For some odd reason all of the others with assigned cars "chose" not to carry a long gun. I couldn't tell you why they don't want a long gun, but they're given a choice.

Definition *HSO* Handgun Shaped Object
                      Forti Fors Bona

Comment

I get flamed for the same thing. The gun may be excellent for some but darn it, I just can't naturally point with that thing. I'll stick with my HK.

Comment

anyone have a north american arms in 32?

Comment

frydog you will like this one. A few of us mostly former military carry the M14. That is a real battle rifle. I was the same way as you when I was a Marine I was a Machinegunner so When I was a gunner I either had a 60 or a Crew service M2 50 cal on or off the humvee but when I got promoted to Team leader I had to carry the A2 again with the Beretta M9 sidearm. I actually think from what ive heard those guys over there now wish they had the M14. I actually read an article where some of them have been allowed to use the old M14's which is great for open shots compared to the 22 on steroids. I personally now that im a cop and out of desert warfare like the M4's. But you are right..12guage is good to go especially with slugs.

Comment

O' I love my M14(M1A1), I ordered the loaded package with the stainless barrel and composite stock. My Army buddy was all goo-goo over my AR because he carried one his whole time in but when he shot my M14 he barely wanted to touch the AR again

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6351 users online. 378 members and 5973 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X