300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackhawk Duty SERPA Level 3 w/ light

Anyone tried this particular setup? I have the Level 2 SERPA and really like it. However, I also have the Surefire X200 and was carrying it in the Safariland 6280. I really miss not having a weapons-mounted light. A wonderful piece of equipment when conducting building searches, etc. My questions:

1) What steps are required to unholster the Level 3... just the trigger finger depression or do you have to "rock" the weapon? Blackhawks advertising says, "The level 3 SERPA Auto Lock holster uses your natural drawing motion to release the weapon. No un-natural motion or complicated sequences to remember, just grab and draw."

2) The Night Ops Weapon Mounted Light... how does it compare to the X200?
    Montana LEO
    'Where the prairie meets the mountains"

Sorry for the redundancy. I see this basic thread is in the duty gear section as well. Still, any comments on these questions would be appreciated.
    Montana LEO

Comment

Here is an article about a blackhawk holster- level 3 w/tac light. I don't think it answers your specific questions, but it is still a good read.

http://www.officer.com/article/artic...siteSection=21

Comment

Here's a photo of the L3 that Paladin just posted elsewhere that clarifies many questions folks have had.

Rule #1 - If it doesn't change supper it's not worth the worry.
        Rule #10 - YOU ARE NOW THE MINORITY. This country is no longer the one your parents knew. You will not be able to understand it. You will not be able to change it. You must learn to live with it.

Comment

Thanks for the info and links, Nick, Palladin, and Sgt. I'm going to ponder the Level III/light option for now. I do like my level II with the high ride attachment (Thanks for that link Sgt.)
          Montana LEO

Comment

Originally posted by lcso554
            "The level 3 SERPA Auto Lock holster uses your natural drawing motion to release the weapon. No un-natural motion or complicated sequences to remember, just grab and draw."
            EXACTLY.

Thumb, finger, out. Easy as that. No rocking, no reaching. Very simple.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6281 users online. 358 members and 5923 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X