300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AR-15 Car Mount

Any suggestions on in-car mounts for AR-15's? We have a shot gun mount on the cage, but I can not find a way to modify it to accept an AR. Looking for alternatives if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks,
    -Rob

I'll pay attention to this thread because I need one too. Our Chief Deputy is requiring a mounted lockable rack specifically for the AR-15/M-16 platform before one can be issued to you.

I took the M-16 course on the caveaut that I wouldn't need to give up my 12 ga. to be issued one.
    I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Doesn't somebody make a double mount for the cage (like LE4Life is talking about) where you can mount both an AR-15 and a shotgun? I could be wrong but I thought I saw a post somewhere mentioning it.

Comment

Our current mounts are right behind our heads running across the vehicle, locked into the cage. They follow the cage out lines and are out of the way. There is a push button on the center console that unlucks the unit and you can just reach up and behind you and haul it out. Great position and works well.
        That's exactly where ole' mossy is mounted. A rifle rack may need to go in the trunk.
        I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

We did the opposite.. shotguns in the trunk, rifles above the head.
          All Gave Some - Some Gave All

Comment

Keep mine in the trunk. If things go bad I dont want to be stuck in the car fooling around with a rack. Hit the trunk release on the way out.. grab the rifle in the bag.. get cover and get the rifle. First place the bad guys going to light up is the drivers side of the car and I dont want to be sitting there when he does.

Comment

We just got a double mount- mounts the 870 and AR between the front seats. Works great, except we have the full size military issue M-16 and the barrel hits the roof when removing- kinda diffucult removal. Shorter barrel would be great.
              "Say hello to my leeeetle friend"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6439 users online. 367 members and 6072 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X