Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Rabbi
    replied
    Nothing is idiot proof. I had an officer here tell me that at the range one officer approached the armorer and told him he had problems with his Glock. Problem was he had missed lining up the rear rails on the gun and had jammed the slide over them, causing the whole thing to stick.
    I prefer SIGs. I find them more accurate and more fun to shoot . YMMV. I also like the take-down on SIGs much much better than Glocks. There is a reason SIGs cost more. They are worth it.
    That said, either one is a good choice and it depends more on the individual than on the weapon.

Leave a comment:

• Big Will
    replied
    Glocks are idiot proof. Best first gun to get started with IMO

Leave a comment:

• jmorill
    replied
    Dollar for Dollar Sig or Glock? I like both and both feel and shoot well. My preference the glock less maintenance I also carry the glock 22/27.

Leave a comment:

• SRT936
    replied
    Originally posted by mike951
    So, what do you think (Glock or Sig), dollar for dollar is one "better" than the other? Are there any specific models that are recommended?
    In a straight dollar to dollar comparison, Glock wins hands down. It runs almost half the cost of the Sig and is a good solid firearm. Either gun would do you fine as a side arm.

Leave a comment:

• k9 max
    replied
    If this is your first gun, you might appreciate the simplicity of the Glock. The Model 23 is a compact 40cal which would also be ideal for off duty carry.

Leave a comment:

• Bourne Identity
    replied
    If you HAVE to go with a Sig or Glock, I would go Glock. But my personal favorite weapons are the Springfield Armory XD models.

Leave a comment:

• fyrdog
    replied
    If you have a choice, pick what feels right in your hands.
    I'm issed a G-22 and would love nothing more than to put the tupperware in the fridge with the left over meatloaf where it belongs. But it's what I'm issued so it's what I carry at work. Off duty I carry a S&W 39XX it's what feels right to me.

Unless you're restricted to Sig or Glock, don't forget the other quality mfg's. out there. Get out to the range and try them all if you can before deciding.
    I was always taught that "In ten years no one will rember what caliber you used or what gun you had, they'll only remember if yoiu lived or died"

Leave a comment:

replied
    Sig or H&K, Glocks are not as well made. This is heavily debated, but myself and several master instructors I know and trust agree on this point.

P.S. More depts carry Glocks over Sig or H&K because Glocks are cheaper.

Leave a comment:

• notasheep
    replied
    Originally posted by StudChris
    I've shot both but own a Glock because it is a lot more comfortable to me, and because of that I shoot better with it. It really comes down to personal preference.

Agreed. I also carry/prefer a Glock. (model 22/27)

Leave a comment:

• StudChris
    replied
    I've shot both but own a Glock because it is a lot more comfortable to me, and because of that I shoot better with it. It really comes down to personal preference.

Leave a comment:

• mike951
    started a topic My first gun.

My first gun.

I start the Reserve Academy in August and I am looking for my first gun. I have done some research, visited a few gun stores, rented a Glock from firing range and still am up in the air. I have several friends in Law Enforcement and it is about 50/50 (Sig or Glock), while I haven't ruled out anything I have been advised a .40 might be a good fit for someone like myself. I know in the end it will come down to what I feel most comfortable with, however I honestly don't think I will be able to tell the difference, perhaps if this was a second gun, or maybe a couple of years down the line, I might have a better idea of what to look for.

So, what do you think (Glock or Sig), dollar for dollar is one "better" than the other? Are there any specific models that are recommended?

By the way both name brands are approved by the Academy I will be attending.

I really appreciate the feedback.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3894 users online. 266 members and 3628 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X