Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't go wrong with either brand, but I MUCH prefer SIGs over anything else.
    Refuse to be a victim-Support Concealed Carry

Comment

Both are excellent weapons. Dollar for dollar the value on the Glock is better...and I think it might be a slighty better combat piece (IMO).

I would encourage you to look at the Springfield Armory XD pistols as well.
      "A fanatic is one who won't change his mind, and won't change the subject." -Winston Churchill

"I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts." -Will Rogers

"To desire to save these wolves in society may arise from benevolence, but it must be the benevolence of a child or a fool" -Henry Fielding

Comment

i am also looking at getting my first pistol in the near future. i suggest going to a range and trying out several models in several calibers. ive shot near 25 different models of pistols in several calibers and will be choosing the springfield XD45 compact when i do make my purchase. i personally dont like the feel of glocks, just something makes them uncomfortable and therefore harder to shoot for me. sigs are nice, but very pricy, ill eventually get one, but the XD will be a nice substitute until then.
        I've seen diamonds cut through harder men
        Than you yourself
        but if you must pretend
        You may meet your end

Arm yourself because no-one else here will save you
        -Chris Cornell "You Know My Name"

Comment

I have owned glocks and XD's. I shot the XD better so i carry the XD. Both got the job done and i never had any problems. Plus 14 rounds of 45 is nice to have in the XD

Comment

I would say Sig or HK, if you're willing to spend the money. Sig is probably the most accurate pistol, out of the box. HK is the most reliable, not to say the other aren't. One of the things I like about the HK and Sig is if you have a misfired round you can try to pull the trigger again to get it to fire, with the glock you can't do this, you have to rack the slide to get it to fire again. Can't beat a Sig P220, imo. Unless of course your dept. would let you carry a 1911 cocked and locked, but haven't seen many departments that would allow that.

Comment

I am a recruit with my local SO reserves, and I also shoot IDPA competitions. I will be carrying a Glock 22 as my duty weapon because that is what the full time deputies are issued, but for competition, I shoot a 1911. You can't beet the 1911 for accuracy, performance and comfort.
              Do the right thing, even when no one is watching

Comment

Originally posted by Bourne Identity
                If you HAVE to go with a Sig or Glock, I would go Glock. But my personal favorite weapons are the Springfield Armory XD models.
                Ditto. The XD is a great handgun and just about the same price as a glock.
                It's a CERT thing. You wouldn't understand.

Comment

I have a couple Sigs and love them. In the past anytime someone brought up Glock, I was the "blah, who wants a plastic gun" guy without ever shooting one. Late last year my department went to Glock 17s. I was in love after the first day at the range.

You can't go wrong with either gun. Dollar for dollar, I'd go with a Glock as they are cheaper to start with.

I disagree with whoever stated Glocks are not well made. They are known for the abuse they can take and still function. Take care of it and you'll have no problems. It's a pretty well thought out design with only 33 parts.

I've only had mine since November but I've put several thousand rounds though it with 0 malfunctions.

Comment

Originally posted by tspinaker
                    I would say Sig or HK, if you're willing to spend the money. Sig is probably the most accurate pistol, out of the box. HK is the most reliable, not to say the other aren't. One of the things I like about the HK and Sig is if you have a misfired round you can try to pull the trigger again to get it to fire, with the glock you can't do this, you have to rack the slide to get it to fire again. Can't beat a Sig P220, imo. Unless of course your dept. would let you carry a 1911 cocked and locked, but haven't seen many departments that would allow that.
                    Any academy worth a damn is going to train him to rack on a misfire IMMEDIATELY not attempt another trigger pull.

Comment

Glock = Great gun. I have a Glock 23

sig = Boat anchor. Are you going fishing ?

Comment

I have owned and shot both extensively in 9mm, 45ACP, and 40 S&W. I curently own a Glock and no Sig. Both are durable and accurate. The Sigs will help with felt recoil impulse. Glocks have a more consistent trigger (no DA/SA transition). I have also carried both on duty. I prefer the Glock for all day carry since it weighs less. It is also a better ergonomic fit for me.
                        Don't fight to survive for you have already lost. Fight to WIN!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3379 users online. 221 members and 3158 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X