300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot decide 43 or 26

I cannot decide between a glock 26 or 43 for offduty.

Anyone have experience with both and can help me out ?

I'd go with the 26, especially if your duty pistol is a 19 or 17. I like to stick with all single stack or all double stack magaines. The 17 and 19 mags will fit into the 26.
    Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

Originally posted by HI629 View Post
      I'd go with the 26, especially if your duty pistol is a 19 or 17. I like to stick with all single stack or all double stack magaines. The 17 and 19 mags will fit into the 26.
      However a single stack is sooooo much easier to conceal and is more comfortable to carry in most situations
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

(F*** Off Cuz Ur Stupid)

Comment

I carry a g22 for work. I own a 23,27, and the 43. The glock 43 is my primary carry 90% of the time. The glock 27 the other 10% (although I just got an EMP4 .40 that should get some rotation).

If you carry a 17 or 19 for duty use, the 26 is definitely a good choice. For me, I find the 43 is very shootable, and easily concealable. I personally feel it's the perfect size for concealabiltiy while still being able to adequately fight with. I do not feel under gunned even with the 6+1 capacity. It fits my hands perfectly and if I only had one CCW it would be the G43.

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post

However a single stack is sooooo much easier to conceal and is more comfortable to carry in most situations
          I gotta sacrifice comfort and concealablitity for round count. I tend to miss a lot in stressful situations. :-O
          Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

For a single stack off duty pistol, I like my M&P Shield 9.

I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

I carry a 43 off duty. I use to own a 26 but rarely carried it because it was a fairly wide gun and it seemed a lot heavier than the 43. The 26 will hold more ammo but you are far more likely to regularly carry the 43 because it so light to carry. I carry my 43 even when I'm wearing gym shorts its so light. I carry it in a Desantis pocket holster pretty much every where I go. I cannot recommend it enough. I have a Taran Tactical 1 round mag extension on it which added no length to the grip. So its 7+1 and I feel that is enough for me to get myself out of a Oscar Sierra situation.
              Last edited by SHU; 09-06-2017, 07:31 PM. Reason: voodoo made me do it.

Comment

Originally posted by SHU View Post
                I carry a 43 off duty. .... I carry my 43 even when I'm wearing gym shorts its so light. I carry it in a Desantis pocket holster pretty much every where I go. I cannot recommend it enough.
                ^^^^^^^^
                What he said.

Comment

Let me help you decide. S&W M&P compact or Shield. There, done.
                  Stupid has no color or race, everyone can participate.

Comment

I haven't heard anyone touch on the carrying of additional magazines for the 43. With seven (or eight) total rounds . . . I'm not sure I'd want to be standing there scratching my balls with a lock-back and nothing to reload into.

Comment

Originally posted by espantoon View Post
                      I haven't heard anyone touch on the carrying of additional magazines for the 43. With seven (or eight) total rounds . . . I'm not sure I'd want to be standing there scratching my balls with a lock-back and nothing to reload into.
                      I carried the 26 for a couple years before I switched to a Sig 239 for off duty. I used to keep an extra mag in a Desantis Mag Packer and put that in my pocket. It is shaped like a wing so it fits perfectly into the corner of a pocket. A buddy OTJ has a 43 that he let me shoot. Very concealable, but I've been out of the Glock game so long and used to a Sig SA/DA that I'd have to re-train all over again with it.

Here is that mag packer I was talking about.

https://ads.midwayusa.com/product/79...hoCqzkQAvD_BwE

Comment

Originally posted by espantoon View Post
                        Some of us real old guys remember carrying a 5 shot .38 off duty. The same theory from then, applies (to me) now. If I'm needing more rounds than are in my gun for an off duty situation, I got into too big of a shytstorm.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldBadge View Post

Some of us real old guys remember carrying a 5 shot .38 off duty. The same theory from then, applies (to me) now. If I'm needing more rounds than are in my gun for an off duty situation, I got into too big of a shytstorm.
                          I was thinking the same thing. Then again I still shoot better with my 357 Than my issue G21

Comment

Originally posted by GoldBadge View Post

Up until last year we carried a S&W 642 as our on duty back up/off duty carry. Not many guys wanted to carry it off duty because of its capacity. Due to policy, the only option was to buy another weapon and qualify with it in order to be authorized for off duty carry. I ran both a G26 and a Shield 9mm instead of the 642 after a while. However, we have since transitioned to the G43 for duty back up/off duty.

As stated above, the 43 is a great EDC choice and I prefer it over the 26 in terms of concealablity and comfort. I carry it the most often. You do sacrifice in terms of capacity vs the 26. But I'll take the shield over both!

Comment

Not exactly on topic, as I have never owned a Glock. When I retired the carry pistol was a S&W model 4506. For over 20 years I have carried a model CS 45, and still do.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6349 users online. 205 members and 6144 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X