300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mossberg Shockwave?

Anybody own it or shot it and have any opinion on it? Obviously it's no use in long distances, but looking into it for home defense. I like how small it is.

We were talking about this at work the other day. Call me old fashioned, but I like the idea of being able to shoulder my shotgun.

Are there applications for a shotgun like this? Absolutely. But I see me more drawbacks than benefits in most situations.

I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

Got to shoot one last weekend. I've never been a fan of the pistol grip shotguns, BUT! The Shockwave is a different animal. It's hard to believe. We shot both hot and some tactical lite recoil OO Buck and some slugs.

I found it it to be a nice close quarters defensive firearm, especially with the light recoil founds. I'm actually thinking of getting one for the house. All it needs is a laserlyte Center Mass CM-15 shotgun lasers.
      Hey Kidd, I've got more time On Meal than you have "On the Job"

Comment

Originally posted by reils49 View Post
        We were talking about this at work the other day. Call me old fashioned, but I like the idea of being able to shoulder my shotgun.

Are there applications for a shotgun like this? Absolutely. But I see me more drawbacks than benefits in most situations.
        Understandable. I'm actually a fan of not having the stock for home defense though. A bit more mobile for me.

Originally posted by 1911user View Post
        Got to shoot one last weekend. I've never been a fan of the pistol grip shotguns, BUT! The Shockwave is a different animal. It's hard to believe. We shot both hot and some tactical lite recoil OO Buck and some slugs.

I found it it to be a nice close quarters defensive firearm, especially with the light recoil founds. I'm actually thinking of getting one for the house. All it needs is a laserlyte Center Mass CM-15 shotgun lasers.
        Ya, I heard the birdshead grip absorbs a lot of the kick. Speaking of which, how is the recoil? Read some reviews saying it was ungodly?

I've heard complaints about the accuracy, but for home defense I wouldn't think it'd be an issue assuming you don't live in a mansion with 30 yard hallways...

Comment

Overall recoil wasn't that bad. Accuracy at home defense range is excellent IMHO. I would load it with the tactical, light recoil OO buck rounds all day long...
          Hey Kidd, I've got more time On Meal than you have "On the Job"

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10512 users online. 418 members and 10094 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X