300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 22 Micro Compact?

I am in the market for an inexpensive plinker. I used to have a Ruger Mark II but that was given to my Nephew as part of an inheritance that I received from my Grandfather, so Now I am in the market for a 22 and the gates are open to anything! I was looking at a Heritage Arms 22/22m just for fun on the range then Stumbled onto the Taurus PT22 PLY, I hate Taurus's (Taurus'? Tauri?) but I find the idea intriguing. Are there any other makers out there whom make something similar, that aren't Tauri Pistols? I have heard some talk about a Beretta 21 and a Bersa but don't know much about them, Opinions?
    I Collect Patches ! ! !. Willing to trade PM if interested

My Happy Patch trading buddies: swepd, CUSECOP, adktreepolice,

The best 22 Compact that I have personally handled is the S&W 22c. It's a fun little plinker. Here is a small thread from another forum with some opinions.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/...semi-auto.html

Comment

S&W 617? Love this gun, so much fun to shoot. I like heavier guns, and since it isn't defensive - revolver for days
      REINSTATE THE TRIG
      Originally posted by Iowa #1603
      Your logic defies logic
      Originally posted by Rudy8116
      Blah blah blah, cops don't need camo, something something something, why do police need armored vehicles, angry rant angry rant angry rant let's take them all away, angry masturbation.
      Originally posted by Michigan
      Arresting someone is fun, but playing with my pecker is still more fun.
      Originally posted by TheTick
      A pallet of Cheetos and pictures of my cock are inbound.
      Originally posted by TheTick
      This gangsta *** mother ****er was twisting trees with dank nuggs while in his crib.
      Originally posted by 02paul09
      Being a cop these days in an officer safety issue

Comment

I would buy another Ruger Mk. II or maybe a Mk. III. Those are nice guns, and you can probably look around and find a used one for what you would pay for a new Taurus.
        I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

I don't know about that, around here people tend to think of 22 target pistols as gold, I have seen a few online that were in the 250 - 300 range used, but after transfer fee's and shipping it starts to get a little pricey. I do agree however, my Mark II was a 10 inch target barrel, heavy as hell but it was in good shape and fun to shoot, Love Rugers just sometimes not the price.

Now If I could find a Ruger Bearcat in that range this discussion would not even happen!
          I Collect Patches ! ! !. Willing to trade PM if interested

My Happy Patch trading buddies: swepd, CUSECOP, adktreepolice,

Comment

I recently acquired a Ruger SR22. So far it's all good with it. 360.00 at Academy.They make one with a threaded barrel also.

Comment

The best is the tiny Walther TPH, but it is far from inexpensive. I have a Bersa .22lr, that shoots nice, in a revolver my favorite is a S&W model 63, again not inexpensive. I have a S&W model 622 I really love, but they do not make them anymore. There are lots of new ones by major firearm manufacturers. Actually the only compact one in my bunch is the TPH, it is really small, will fit in your hand. In size, next would be my Bersa. I know you can find a currently made one you like.
              Last edited by KSDeputy; 09-18-2017, 09:34 AM.

Comment

I would go for the S&W Victory 22. easy to take down and clean and easy to get aftermarket barrels.
                Stupid has no color or race, everyone can participate.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8968 users online. 312 members and 8656 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X