300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gun light ideas

I'm looking for a light to put on my Glock 22. Just looking for any ideas people may have. What they feel may be the best or the worst to look at.

Originally posted by rosch View Post
    i'm looking for a light to put on my glock 22. Just looking for any ideas people may have. What they feel may be the best or the worst to look at.
    TLR-1, tons of duty holsters for that combination.

Comment

Surefire x300 ultra is the best, costs more, but more durable with a better warranty and mounting system. SL's are ok, but the screw mounting system sucks and their CS can be spotty.
      In Valor there is hope

Comment

I've used both Surefire and Streamlight. The Surefire is easier to attach and more likely to stay mounted. That said, using a coin to tighten down the TLR-1 will improve the security of the light on the rails (albeit a pain in the cuff case if you mount and dismount the light daily). I've had pretty good luck with Streamlight customer service after driving over a TLR-1.
        John from Maryland

Comment

TLR-1 no doubt

Comment

Thank you all for the advice

Comment

Originally posted by John from Maryland View Post
              I've used both Surefire and Streamlight. The Surefire is easier to attach and more likely to stay mounted. That said, using a coin to tighten down the TLR-1 will improve the security of the light on the rails (albeit a pain in the cuff case if you mount and dismount the light daily). I've had pretty good luck with Streamlight customer service after driving over a TLR-1.
              I would caution anyone using a TLR-1 with a pistol featuring a polymer frame to be very wary of how tightly they attach the light. It is possible to put excessive pressure to the frame which can result in broken rails or FTF.

Relevant link: http://www.m4carbine.net/archive/ind.../t-131769.html

Comment

Can't go wrong with Surefire!

Comment

Streamlight TLR-1 seems like a great 'bang for the buck' option.

I've always used some variation of the Streamlight TLR-1 (s/hl) and have never experienced any issues. I learned the value of having a weapon mounted light early off while on patrol and even now that I'm in investigations, I still carry my firearm with an attached light. Surefire, Streamlight, and the (fairly new to market) Inforce lights are all said to be great options, though.

Comment

SureFire is the most reliable and durable, and they are introducing some phenomenal new lights at SHOT Show this year.
                    Streamlight is the LE favorite because it’s the most affordable, and because most officers don’t pound on their lights enough to want to pay the premium for a SureFire. While the TLR-1S is a good light, it’s got some deficiencies that SureFire doesn’t. If money is a factor, you can buy Streamlight with confidence and have a decent WML. If you’re willing to spend the extra money, pony up for SureFire.

Once in a great while someone will recommend Inforce. Inforce has a lot of problems and their build quality is junk. I photos of broken Inforce lights as proof.

Originally posted by espantoon View Post

I would caution anyone using a TLR-1 with a pistol featuring a polymer frame to be very wary of how tightly they attach the light. It is possible to put excessive pressure to the frame which can result in broken rails or FTF.

Relevant link: http://www.m4carbine.net/archive/ind.../t-131769.html
                    This is specific to the .40S&W Glocks only. The G22 and G23 models suffered from the failure to feed issue because WMLs could cause the frame to stiffen enough to prevent the frame from flexing under recoil. The Glock frame flexes as part of the recoil process, which slows down the slide speed. WMLs interrupt the harmonics. The .40S&W just has enough slide energy for the slide to reciprocate so fast that it outruns the slide. This is exacerbated by the fact that Glock uses the same 17lb recoil spring for both the .40S&W and 9mm. This is why the 9mm has never had this issue, and won’t.
                    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
                    -John Adams

Disclaimer: My statements are personal opinions, and in no way reflect those of my agency.

Comment

Originally posted by Reedo View Post

Once in a great while someone will recommend Inforce. Inforce has a lot of problems and their build quality is junk. I photos of broken Inforce lights as proof.
                      Only the gen1. I have 3 Inforce weapon lights and had never had a problem with any of them. Retired my TLR-1 for the gen2 Inforce and never looked back. It much better imo. but as said in earlier posts, TLR-1 will reign supreme.

Comment

Originally posted by UnivPD View Post

Only the gen1. I have 3 Inforce weapon lights and had never had a problem with any of them. Retired my TLR-1 for the gen2 Inforce and never looked back. It much better imo. but as said in earlier posts, TLR-1 will reign supreme.
                        My inforce WML on my rifle has been great but i have an APL on my MP9 and if you have to leave the battery cap loose or the battery dies in a few months. Sorry but thats a PITA for me I wont buy another APL. Love the rifle light tho

Comment

The TLR 1 or Surefire X300 is going to be the only real choices. Not saying there aren't other good lights out there, but there aren't tons of holsters for these other lights. Holster selection will play a big role and trying to find an affordable holster that meets duty requirements and allows you to carry a light can be tricky.

Comment

Originally posted by urbancommando View Post

My inforce WML on my rifle has been great but i have an APL on my MP9 and if you have to leave the battery cap loose or the battery dies in a few months. Sorry but thats a PITA for me I wont buy another APL. Love the rifle light tho
                            What gen is it?

Comment

Originally posted by UnivPD View Post

What gen is it?
                              No clue ive had it several years tho so id imagine its an early model. I sent it in for warranty work about 2 or 3 years ago and they apparently "fixed" the battery drain....nope still drains in 3-4 months

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12068 users online. 481 members and 11587 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X