300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ankle carry

So I typically carry on my support side with the butt facing back, but recently cage across this style that advocates carrying strong side with butt facing forward. Anyone tried carrying this way? Here's a video of him discussing it: https://youtu.be/RGxxAEjFcX0
    In Valor there is hope

Eh, whatever works. Train and it won't be a problem no matter where you carry it.
    Stupid has no color or race, everyone can participate.

Comment

The video is choreographed - he pins the kid down, but the kid does not go for his eyes. With the kid astride, he lifts him up and the kid punches above hid head, not adjusting for the change in position. Like the movies, it's easy when the outlaw has read the script.

With any ankle holster, unless you are seated, getting the gun out is a BIG problem. You either kneel down, or do the one legged hop-around. I carried on my ankle for a while, but I could NEVER get the gun out quickly. I finally settled on either pocket carry (which is no good if you are seated), or appendix carry. I have done it for years with a custom made single action auto, and never had the safety come off.
      The problem with an ankle carry is, it lets you think you are armed.
      Last edited by Sleuth; 01-15-2017, 09:56 PM.
      "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
      John Stuart Mill

Comment

I carry mine inside my shirt under my support arm attached to my vest strap in a cross draw fashion. It is undetectable, I don't have to bend to get it, and I don't have to worry about losing it. And, I don't even feel it there.

Comment

He did a class at an IALEFI regional in Ocean City, MD, several years ago. I tend to agree with RAND. It offers an advantage in that specific circumstance. While I haven't worn an ankle holster thatoften since then, I still carried inside my weak=side leg.
          John from Maryland

Comment

Helps make a case for carrying one on each ankle. Carry a traditional draw (weak side, grip to the rear) and a second with this strong leg, grip forward technique. A knife worn on the centerline of the the body would also be useful in the mount position shown in the video.
            "A fanatic is one who won't change his mind, and won't change the subject." -Winston Churchill

"I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts." -Will Rogers

"To desire to save these wolves in society may arise from benevolence, but it must be the benevolence of a child or a fool" -Henry Fielding

Comment

Originally posted by Bighead View Post
              Helps make a case for carrying one on each ankle. Carry a traditional draw (weak side, grip to the rear) and a second with this strong leg, grip forward technique. A knife worn on the centerline of the the body would also be useful in the mount position shown in the video.
              I like your way of thinking. I've been considering dual ankle holsters per leg, for a total of four guns. That way, no matter how I end up in that specific encounter, I'm ready to react.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4118 users online. 250 members and 3868 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X