Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Appropriate sidearm / Let the smart folks figure it out.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Appropriate sidearm / Let the smart folks figure it out.

When the new folks try to determine the best firarm for duty or off duty usage..... I remember some advice I received once in the earlier days.
    The NYSP spent hundreds of thousand of dollars testing firearms for the Agency usage. After all the testing was done they transitioned over to the Glock but ended up getting stuck with the 9mm because of state "Politics". Doesn't change the fact that the Glock was the weapon of choice.
    Now they are finally upgrading to the Glock .45 cal. with Trijicon sights.
    The same holds true for duty holsters. After heavy duty evaluations they picked the Safariland model 295.
    When they have experts and unlimited funds to test the equipment it would be hard to make a better choice than those made by the "BIG" departments.
    Rule #1 - If it doesn't change supper it's not worth the worry.
    Rule #10 - YOU ARE NOW THE MINORITY. This country is no longer the one your parents knew. You will not be able to understand it. You will not be able to change it. You must learn to live with it.

Those tests could be a great resource to others making similar choices. I would want to talk to the testers and see the data before making a blanket decision. I've seen first hand where equipment is "picked" by management reguardless of how it performed. If the tests were legit then thats great. Just remember there is a lot of money involved in equiping and agency that size. Companies put a lot of pressure on management and it can become more about money than just getting the best thing.

I guess what I'm saying is don't believe everything you hear. Try if for yourself.

Comment

Politics plays the biggest part of it. Just think about it years ago when everyone was going to Glock they where the "best" buy out there. Glock also is one heck of a good weapon. So we lucked out on one. Lucky they did not look at the Smith Sigmas then, we all would have been in trouble. Just my thoughts, no offense.
      Live everyday as if it is your Last! Because someday you will be right.

Everyone has a game plan until they get punched in the mouth.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3684 users online. 247 members and 3437 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X