300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concealment Holster

What is the most comfortable concealment holster for the price out there? I have the Springfield XD SubCompact 3 inch. Looking for ankle and inner pants holsters...

Thanks!

For a primary weapon, an ankle holster sucks. I use mine in very rare circumstances only. The Galco and Don Hume are both pretty good ankle rigs.

For IWB (inside the waistband), it really depends on personal preference. Alot of my cohorts swear by their Blade-Tech IWB's. Blade-Tech makes great stuff, but its just not comfortable for me. Mine sits in my duty gear box in the closet. My personal favorite IWB is the Galco Royal Guard. Its expensive but also from Galco's very top of the line materials. Lou Alessi and Kramer Gun Leather are very very top notch stuff, but you WILL be paying for it. I've also become very very fond of the Desantis Scorpion. Its very very comforgable and designed to fit a number of different pistols of the same frame size.
    Nobody ever wants to have to fight, but its a darn good idea for someone to know how.

Comment

Depends on what you want. If a simple leather IWB clip on, I reccomend the Bianchi M-100 IWB, works well on belts of 1 inch or smaller. That ran me about $50. You can go custom, like HBE Specialty Leathworks, a great 1 man company, or look at some other big names, like Galco, DeSantis, etc. If you just want one of the shelf, go to a good gun shop, and look at what's on the shelf. It would help if they have the same gun model on the shelf to fit test.
      I reccomend against the cheap stuff, like Uncle Mikes clip on nylon, they simply do not last.
      It really depends on what you are looking for, ie, sweat shield, thumb break/open top, steel reinforced mouth for reholstering, clips or belt loops, etc.
      Ankle rigs are a PITA. Look at a body armor holster for your second back up?

Comment

I have carried my 9mm in the same ankle rig since '98. Uncle Mikes, size 16, most comfortable IMO because it is made completely of cloth, no leather, plastic, etc., also conceals very well.

As far as IWB, I have a friend that carries his glock 23, 24/7 while off duty in a FIN Designs, he says it is extremely comfortable w/ a thin kydex. Under 50 bucks too. They advertise glocks, but am pretty sure they make for about anything. http://www.findesigns.net/iwb.html

You also may want to check out "Smart Carry", I have no experience with it, but it looks like it may work well. Lots of good reviews on carry forums. It's around $50 also. http://www.smartcarry.com/

Comment

Originally posted by LPI
          I have carried my 9mm in the same ankle rig since '98. Uncle Mikes, size 16, most comfortable IMO because it is made completely of cloth, no leather, plastic, etc., also conceals very well...
          Good grief, you must be the size of Andre the Giant! What 9mm are you carrying in an ankle rig that you can conceal? I have experimented with many many CCW carry since AZ started the Shall Issue CCW permit in '94, and I am iof average hieght/build. Couldn't conceal anything on the ankle but a .32 CZ70.

Comment

Comptac.com (C-T.A.C.)

Mitchrosen.com (IWB holsters, the "ARG")

http://www.blade-tech.com/Blade-Tech...er-pr-821.html (Blade-Tech Ultimate Concealment Holster)

Comment

Originally posted by armoredman
              Good grief, you must be the size of Andre the Giant! What 9mm are you carrying in an ankle rig that you can conceal? I have experimented with many many CCW carry since AZ started the Shall Issue CCW permit in '94, and I am iof average hieght/build. Couldn't conceal anything on the ankle but a .32 CZ70.
              LOL, Kel Tec p11, smallest full cap 9mm last I checked. I'm 6'00", 220. Funny thing, I just got home and is on ankle now. Don't even notice it.

Like I said, I think holster also makes a difference, it is made only of cloth, so not much bulkiness and very comfy and the strap holds it very close.

I tend to wear it more on ankle when colder. I'm in vehicle working quite a bit, so this method is great for me.

BTW, one other thing, the ankle rig is much more comfortable when I wear shoes. 8 inch boots make it ride to high I guess.
              Last edited by LPI; 11-06-2006, 05:12 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10459 users online. 357 members and 10102 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X