Collapse

Leaderboard

Collapse

Leaderboard Tablet

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best off duty weapon to carry...

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best off duty weapon to carry...

Like the title say...what is the best one. I'm more interested in compact to sub compact category. Thanks

We don't carry guns over here, unfortunately. But doesn't Keltec make one of the world's most concealable DAO guns, which carries 10 or 10+1 rds of 9mm?

I think a lot of your colleagues in the states use that as a BUG/ off duty carry. Or a scaled down .45.

Comment

Try the Paraordinance P-10 (.45 cal & 10+1, I believe).

Comment

Glock 27. Its like an American Express card, I never leave home without it.

Ok, sometimes I carry the lightweight KelTec .380 instead because I wear shorts and it fits nicely in the front pocket without looking like a gun.
        Fear not the armed citizen but rather the government that tries to disarm him.

Comment

The best is what works for YOU. I wouldn't go any smaller than .380 ACP. Get something that is comfortable and feels good in the hand. That will help with shot placement when you get to practicing with it. Go to a gun shop that has a buch of the populars to rent on the range and try them to get an idea what you want. The rest is up to you. All personal preference there is no right or wrong (unless you go against everything i tell you and you get what "everyone" else says is number one). Don't overlook Khar or Beretta's Cheetah or Sig's PPK look alike, or even revolvers. This is to be YOUR off duty gun, nobody elses!
          Good Luck. I'd be interested in your pick and why so let me know Please.
          One Shot, One Kill. Anything else is just pu(ff)y!

Comment

Originally posted by detsarg
            Glock 27. Its like an American Express card, I never leave home without it.

Ok, sometimes I carry the lightweight KelTec .380 instead because I wear shorts and it fits nicely in the front pocket without looking like a gun.
            G27 as well for me. I used to carry my Kimber Pro Carry 1911, but switched to the G27. I carry a G22 on-duty...wanted to make the switch to keep the weapon platform the same. Keep it simple and familiar. Although, I do strap the 1911 on once in a while. Once a 1911 fan, always a 1911 fan. It really boils down to what you're comfortable with though. There is no "best weapon". Personal preference.

Comment

There is no gun that is going to be the "best one" for everybody. Policies, calibers, fit, size, weight, cost, environment, how you're built, preferred style of clothing, assignments, etc., etc. all have an impact on what you might choose to carry.

I carry a H&K USP Compact on duty and off duty. I carry a Kel-tec P3at as a BUG and occasionally off duty, I have a S&W 642 that I carry of duty fairly often and occasionally as a bug. I have a Charter Arms Bulldog that I just got back from their shop that I am going to be carrying more often. What I carry at any given time depends on where I'm going, what I'm wearing, the weather, and all sorts of other factors.
              Personally, if I had to choose just one off duty/BUG it would probably be a small frame revolver like my 642. Compact, powerful, reliable, doesn't matter how you hold it, can't go out of battery - the perfect "OH *****" gun.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies thusfar...I know it is based on personal profile, I simply want to get some feedback as to what everyone out there are carrying simply because I am new to this. Anyways, my 1st choice was Sig but I will continue to check others out.

Comment

I found these three to be very interesting....like some info on them for those who has/use them. PARA Warthog, Walther P99 compact, and H&K P2000SK. Thanks again.

Comment

Best off duty weapon? Your mind. Best tool to defend it? CZ PCR or PO1, IMHO.

Comment

Xd

Springfield XD. Looks and feels like the Glock, Sig, and 1911 rolled up in one.

Comment

The best off-duty/back-up gun is the Glock 27. It supplements the Glock 22 you should be carrying as a duty weapon quite nicely.
                        The suspect then repeatedly assaulted this officer by slamming his face into this officer's fist.

Comment

supplements the Glock 22 you should be carrying as a duty weapon quite nicely.
                          How odd; I was thinking the same except to substitute Glock 22 for Kimber 1911, and Glock 27 should be changed to Colt Defender. Each in .45 ACP naturally.
                          I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Originally posted by KenW.
                            How odd; I was thinking the same except to substitute Glock 22 for Kimber 1911, and Glock 27 should be changed to Colt Defender. Each in .45 ACP naturally.
                            Damn it, you're bringing back old memories. My Kimber Pro Carry is no longer on-duty. Our Chief and Firearms Instructor made the G22 mandatory carry three years ago. No more 1911's. They used the ridiculous "cocked and locked" is dangerous argument...and the ability of our Probation Officers to have the same weapon platform during a fire fight (that point makes sense).

My G22 and G27 are great...but I sure miss my Kimber. Once a 1911 fan, always a 1911 fan. She rides with me off-duty once in a while, just to keep her happy.

Comment

Originally posted by y2kwht150
                              Like the title say...what is the best one. I'm more interested in compact to sub compact category. Thanks
                              The same gun that you would carry if you were not in LE.

The gun that you like.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9695 users online. 410 members and 9285 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X