300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ankle Gun

What is the best ankle gun out there for the $$$. Weight and size the biggest factor of course...

The scandium S&W's are by far your best bet for an ankle gun, IMHO. They are so light they feel like a squirt gun.
    Last edited by pkagel; 08-26-2006, 07:42 PM. Reason: misnamed the metal it was made out of
    "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

I carry a Kel-Tec p11 w/an Uncle Mike's ankle holster, have for years. Very small 9mm w/full cap mags (size of most 380's, but lighter). Also comes with a clip that is pefect for IWB. My favorite piece, I carry it almost everyday.

Cost is about $250. In 8 years, I have never had a problem w/it. Weighes like 12 ounces unloaded. U can also puschase a finger extension for it so your whole hand fits on grip.
      Last edited by LPI; 08-26-2006, 06:29 PM.

Comment

I was never a fan of ankle carry, for a variety of reasons. But then I had some credit I had to spend with a LE supply company, and filled out my order with a Safariland ankle holster for my S&W 340PD.

First off, the gun is great for ankle carry. It's extraordinarily light, even fully loaded. And, as a revolver, it's going to hold up to the dirtier environment just a few inches from the ground.

I tried the ankle holster during one of my shifts a little while ago, and I have to say I'm sort of impressed. I thought I'd feel like I was walking around with ankle weights on, but after a few minutes, I didn't even notice it.

I still have some issues with the ease of accessing an ankle-carried gun in a high-stress situation, so I'm not giving up my chest-mounted carry. But I'm not as against it as I used to be.

I agree, any S&W Airweight or Scandium revolver would be a great ankle gun.
        Caution and worry never accomplished anything.

Comment

I carried a Sig P239 in a Ken Null holster for years until I lost the holster in a hurricane. I need to order another one.

Comment

Glock 26/27 in a Bianchi "Ranger Triad" Ankle holster. With the also available leg extender you can even wear the holster over a boot.

Comment

Originally posted by Dnarro68
              What is the best ankle gun out there for the $$$. Weight and size the biggest factor of course...
              Go with what feels right for you and what you can afford, but before you decide, look at the kahr PM or MK 9mm and .40 series pistols. same size as a PPK/S and better caliber. Galco also makes an excellent ankle holster, also available with a boot extender

Comment

Originally posted by Austin HiPowers
                Glock 26/27 in a Bianchi "Ranger Triad" Ankle holster. With the also available leg extender you can even wear the holster over a boot.
                I stand corrected. The ankle holster I got wasn't a Safariland, it was the model mentioned above (Safariland and Bianchi are owned by the same company -- Armor Holdings). I've been thinking about getting the extender before I switch to my winter boots with a higher upper.
                Caution and worry never accomplished anything.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8483 users online. 215 members and 8268 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X