No announcement yet.

Sig 226 .40 hard to shoot?

300x250 Mobile

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sig 226 .40 hard to shoot?

Is the .40 S&W harder to shoot that the 226 in the 9mm and the .357 (in terms of accuracy)?
    How about the 220?

I don't see any real difference between the 2. Granted the recoil is different, but as far as difficulty though, its not much different. Its a HIGHLY accurate and reliable weapon. The recoil from the .40 is slightly more, but not at all hard to over come. The weight helps to compensate for the recoil, but the front of the barrel still likes to flip up, just like most .40 cals. If you know the difference in recoil between a 9mm, .40 S&W, and .45ACP in other weapons in general, its about the same.

Any handgun in the P series is about the same shooting and accuracy wise.

There is a reason why it is such a highly used and contracted gun.

i shot my 226 for the first time today. It was my first time shooting and after using 80 shots...i played around and did a qualifying series of 300 according to the range owner. i scored a 212 with my first day of shooting so it a good gun...

I carry the 266 .40, and I would not carry any other. I like the feel of the weapon in my hand and its durability. Granted its a little on the pricey side, but worth it in my opinion.
        Looks like someone took their stupid pills today.

What's Going On

There are currently 8138 users online. 227 members and 7911 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad