300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any of you carry an XD?

I am semi-interested in trying an XD out, they seem to garned a good amount of press in the gun rags. I am curious if anyone on here actually has one they carry for their service weapon and what your thoughts are on them. I like the fact they are made by Springfield.

Xd

alot of guys i work with have been talking about the XD lately we cant carry on duty but its a good off duty small as can be. I was actually just on there site when i read your post i may get one this week

Comment

I own one, but am not authorized to carry it. However, if I could, I would. I took it to the range on Saturday and it was flawless. Excellent trigger, great ergonomics, very easy to shoot. I've shot a Glock before and this trigger feels much nicer. I put around 400 rounds through it and had 1 FTF due to a hard primer. Great accuracy and very manageable recoil.

Comment

I just bought a 9mm XD, have about 500 rnds through it. It's my first plastic frame gun,and I like it. Would I carry it on duty? Yes. But I retired, so I am no longer "retroactivly incompetent" to carry a 1911.
        "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
        John Stuart Mill

Comment

I finish Qual's with it tonight... then i can carry it on duty. I have shot probably 700-800 without a problem. I shot a XD .45.

Comment

The Springfield glock (I mean XD) might be a good weapon. But all it is a straight-out Glock knock-off. If a gun is designed to go toe-to-toe with a Glock (polymer frame, striker-fired, trigger safety on top of that), then it had damn well better beat the hell out of a Glock. I'd rather carry the original; I'd rather carry a Glock.

Comment

Reason for Editing.
              Last edited by lazycop; 02-15-2010, 10:11 PM. Reason: I need to learn how to spell.
              Work smarter not harder!

Comment

I dont like anything that is made by lego.

Im not a fan of Polymer frame pistols. More so then anything i hate glocks and their square design.

HOWEVER, the XD has gotten good reviews, and is priced to compete with the Glock.

A screw it, be a man and just buy a Sig or a 1911. lol.

Comment

Not everyone shoots a Glock well but everyone thats fired my XD tactical says they like the grip angle much better than the Glock. I have over 2000 trouble free rounds through mine, not a single jam or hickup ever. I'm very impressed and am going to get a tactical .45 as soon as I can swing it. Unfortunately I'm restricted to my dept issue weapon for duty carry, otherwise I would carry it without reservations.

Comment

I have an XD-45 that I am qualified to carry on duty. Problem is they are SLOOOOOW in coming out with a duty holster for it. Great gun I love it.

Why doesnt your reply surprise my Bigugly. Do you have the glock logo on your PJ's? lol. When I saw your name before I read your post I knew what you were going to say. The XD is the 2006 Gun of the Year, cant you say one thing nice about it?
                    Thus the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win

Comment

Originally posted by Mike G from NC
                      Why doesnt your reply surprise my Bigugly. Do you have the glock logo on your PJ's?
                      By the way, though I love Glocks, I carry a Sig.

What I am saying is that XD is a straight-out copy-cat of a Glock. I don't descriminate either; you should see what I write about the S&W M&P.

Comment

Originally posted by M.C.S.D
                        I dont like anything that is made by lego.
                        Glock is NOT made by Lego...

(tupperware, dam it...tatical tupperware)

Comment

I have carried my xd in 40 off duty but carry a glock on duty. I reload and my xd has issues with my reloads where the glock doesnt. I am also more accurate with my glock than the xd.

Comment

Nightshifter, I have noticed that my XD seems to have a very tight chamber. It does not accept reloads that are not FULLY resized, down to the rim. Is that the problem you have had?
                            "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
                            John Stuart Mill

Comment

Slueth, I am not sure. I am very new at reloading and if I run 100 reloads through it, I will have about 3 or 4 that will not seat all the way in the chamber and some times it will jam the action closed. I am still working through the last 1000 rnds I reloaded and then I will start some more testing and readjusting. I thought it was the crimp but I will keep that in mind.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4049 users online. 240 members and 3809 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X