X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • witchgurl2684
    Forum Member
    • Mar 2006

Fire power

Scenario: Third floor in an apartment building. Living room leads out onto a porch through a sliding glass door. Outside, on the ground floor is a pool area.
    Question: What kind of officer-issued gun would have the firepower to hit someone/thing in the pool area if shot from inside the living room through the door leading onto the porch? (The door is open.)
  • Sleuth
    Forum Member
    • Aug 2002

Just about anything - 9mm, 40 S&W, 12 Ga., etc.
    What would be the justification for shooting someone at the pool, when you are on the 3rd floor? Duck & call 9-1-1.
    "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
    John Stuart Mill

Comment

• nrneuha
      • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Sleuth
      Just about anything - 9mm, 40 S&W, 12 Ga., etc.
      What would be the justification for shooting someone at the pool, when you are on the 3rd floor? Duck & call 9-1-1.

Copy that...

Comment

• 4merUSMC2171
        Forum Member
        • Jan 2006

That's a pretty descriptive "what if" scenario. Sounds like someone might be planning something...
        I don't think peeing in the pool justifies deadly force....
        Be afraid...be very afraid...
        SEMPER FI

USMC Veteran 1996-2002
        SOI Camp Lejeune, HQSPTBN Armory

"There is no one great ability without a mixture of madness"

Comment

• witchgurl2684
          Forum Member
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by 4merUSMC2171
          That's a pretty descriptive "what if" scenario. Sounds like someone might be planning something...
          Ya, Helen is planning to kill Joe, unintentionally of course.

Just something I was wondering for factual basis.
          Thanx for the responses.

Comment

• CQBARMS
            Forum Member
            • Sep 2004

Just curious but how many feet to the pool?

Originally posted by witchgurl2684
            Scenario: Third floor in an apartment building. Living room leads out onto a porch through a sliding glass door. Outside, on the ground floor is a pool area.
            Question: What kind of officer-issued gun would have the firepower to hit someone/thing in the pool area if shot from inside the living room through the door leading onto the porch? (The door is open.)

Comment

• witchgurl2684
              Forum Member
              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by CQBARMS
              Just curious but how many feet to the pool?
              It is just a fictional set-up, no real place in mind, so no real measurements or anything.

Comment

• CQBARMS
                Forum Member
                • Sep 2004

Well if you were thrid floor and say 100 yards away from the pool, I'd say M4.

If the pool was right below so maybe 50 feet at 45 degree angle, I'd say just about anything...but aim lower han the measure distance on angle.

Comment

• Entre Nous
                  Forum Member
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by witchgurl2684
                  It is just a fictional set-up, no real place in mind, so no real measurements or anything.
                  It doesn't have anything to do with the guy you say is following you?

The Donut Shop : A Cop-Friendly Forum

(Please PM me for faster admittance.)

Comment

• CrazyLadyy
                    Forum Member
                    • Feb 2006

The whole thing sounds pretty strange to me. Shooting some one in the pool from your balcony. I'm not sure who needs the help here. You or him. Restraining order comes to my mind if he is harassing you.
                    Attempting to debate with a person who has abandoned reason is like giving medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

Comment

• Jack Price
                      Forum Member
                      • Nov 2005

Let's see . . . . I'm at the door of a 3d floor apt. I look across the apt to the balcony (through the glass doors) and see someone at the ground floor pool. Assuming my eyes are 6' above the floor, that the apt has a 12-foot room, the patio is 4 feet wide, using the Pythagorean therom to discern the length of the hypotentuse, figureing that a "floor" is 15 feet, the pool person has to be 200 yards away for me to see them. I can't tell what they're doing 200 yards away, so no need to shoot 'em.

Comment

• Sleuth
                        Forum Member
                        • Aug 2002

More importantly, if they are in fact 200 feet away, unless they have a rifle, they are no threat to you.

Or is this for a book?
                        "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
                        John Stuart Mill

Comment

• Mitchell_in_CT
                          Forum Member
                          • Aug 2005

Given your situation...I'd call the police and make a sandwich.

If you are on the 3rd floor and its going down by the pool, its not a problem for you. Its entertainment.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17114 users online. 21 members and 17093 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...