300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice for rifle

This is my first post so I apologize if it is not done properly.

I have a Colt AR-15 A3 rifle I bought from a co-worker about a year ago. I am looking into investing a little money into it. I am first looking at some Eotech sights. Looking right now at the 502.A65. I would prefer something which takes AA or AAA batteries. I would rather go with the non-night vision compatible. I am also looking at a Surefire Picatinny rail forend for accessories. Last, but not least, (but most expensive), I'm looking at a supressor. Right now I'm looking at Surefire's FA556A.

Basically what I would like are for folks to reply with things they've done with their rifle that they liked or disliked and why. I would love pictures if you have them available of your rifles. Please email [email protected] with pics and replys.

Thanks,
    MTL

good mod shop here in east tn

visit http://predatorcustomshop.com/ and look at some of their pics. they are really good guy and respond quickly to email questions. mine is almost like their carnivore but without the telfon coating thats next lol. 1500.00 and still going. good luck
    If your Scared, you can get in my pocket!!

Comment

Just remember, too many things dangling off your rifle makes it that much harder to use quickly.

I have a Hakko Mark III Holosight and a Ring to put my Strion flash light in.

Comment

I'd look at a 9-volt SureFire universal-light for the rail, or add a foregrip (Tango Down preferably) to that, or alternatively a SureFire M900A.

The SureFire 1913 Picatinny Rail fore-end would probably be one of the best out there (mine is Brugger & Thomet on a SIG 552-SP Commando).

Don't recommend the SureFire suppressor however, rather look at Gemtech (sp?), Advanced Armory Corp (?) or Brugger & Thomet versions.

EoTech 552 or Aimpoint are both good choices, as are the non NVG compatible models.
        Last edited by Ghostrider_RSA; 10-06-2005, 01:45 PM.

Comment

The A-3 tactical is pretty much good to go right out of the box. They commonly shoot 3 shots into an [email protected] yds with standard M-55 ammo. If this is to be a "work" rifle, check with your dept. and get it approved, most depts. have a designated rifle course of fire that's fired in various positions out to 100 yds. Usually administrative approval is required and certain requirements, such as time in grade and when you can deploy the rifle and accessories you can use on it, and where it is to be kept have to be met. This is important, so that if and when you have to use the rifle, you CYA'd and will minimize your legal issues.

Comment

EOTech 511 and a Surefire M500A with blue LED integral light forend are mounted to my OLY A3. I haven't decided on the BUIS yet but am leaning toward one that stays up, not the fold down type. If I can get a digital camera, I'll edit this post with a pic.
            " (T)o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.... " Richard Henry Lee, 1788

Comment

The rifle is personal use, not dept. issued. I do like some of the ideas submitted thus far. I also am careful not to over-do this project : )

Thanks and please keep the ideas coming.

MTL

Comment

Originally posted by MHTrafficCop
                This is my first post so I apologize if it is not done properly.

I have a Colt AR-15 A3 rifle I bought from a co-worker about a year ago. I am looking into investing a little money into it. I am first looking at some Eotech sights. Looking right now at the 502.A65. I would prefer something which takes AA or AAA batteries. I would rather go with the non-night vision compatible. I am also looking at a Surefire Picatinny rail forend for accessories. Last, but not least, (but most expensive), I'm looking at a suppressor. Right now I'm looking at Surefire's FA556A.

Basically what I would like are for folks to reply with things they've done with their rifle that they liked or disliked and why. I would love pictures if you have them available of your rifles. Please email [email protected] with pics and replies.

Thanks,
                MTL
                I too went with the EO Tech on a Rock River A4 type AR. As a supplement, a flip up GG&G rear sight was added. My weapon mounted light came from a company in NC but damn if I can remember (you sure couldn't go wrong with the SureFire). I used a B.M.A.S. Triple Mount for the light http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/bmas/yhm-639.asp
                The overall configuration is very familiar to a Rock River DEA, but I prefer a fixed stock. http://www.rockriverarms.com/item-de...TOKEN=97719566
                Last edited by Kerz; 10-06-2005, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Agreed on the RRA - I'm looking at purchasing the RRA "Entry Tactical" next year (with Weaver/Picatinny mount for front-sight/gas block) - with the SureFire rails, *Tango-Down verticle fore-grip, *9-volt SureFire, *EoTech 552, Troy BUIS (front and rear) with a *Blackwater or *ZM single-point sling. Vltor or Magpul stock is also a consideration and MagPuls on the magazines.

(* - Already have these, just need the rest and the rifle.)

As for the Government Model (DEA) RRA...that is sweet!
                  Last edited by Ghostrider_RSA; 10-07-2005, 03:25 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4751 users online. 320 members and 4431 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X