300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off Duty Holsters

Can anyone tell me what would be a good off duty holster for a Glock 22 .40cal. I'm thinking about a foubus, but no one I know has one.

Thanks

Fobus is barely even worth it for the range, and definately not for bet your life on it situations.

Concealed carry holsters is DEFINATELY an issue where you get what you pay for. I carry a G17 or 26 off duty everyday every time I leave my house. I carry them in Galco Royal Guard inside the waistband (IWB) holsters. The RG holster runs about $105. If you like the kydex (plastic) material, I strongly recommend Blade-Tech. Their holsters run about $60 for a good IWB holster. IWB will allow for the best concealment and keep the pistol in close and tight. I can conceal under just a t-shirt when using a good holster.

If you prefer outside the waist band (OWB), Galco makes good leather ones as does Don Hume (a local Okie company for ya ). Blade-Tech also makes some VERY sweet kydex OWB holsers.

Check around, find something that will wok with you body style and manner of dress. Expect to end up buying at least a few holsters, not just one before you find what you really want.
    Nobody ever wants to have to fight, but its a darn good idea for someone to know how.

Comment

I would also look at the Blackhawk CQC Serpa (4150000BK-R - better than a FOBUS), Safariland also has a number of good concealment holsters (Custom Fit 560/561, 0706, 0702 and 5186) as does Sidearmor.

Blackhawk : http://www.blackhawk.com/product_det...uct_id=3502&d=
      Safariland : www.holsters.com
      Sidearmor : www.sidearmor.com

Comment

I've got a galco cop series holster for my glock 22 i really like it bc it rides tight and close so a tshirt will conceal it
        If your Scared, you can get in my pocket!!

Comment

Galco USA IWB holsters are excelent.

I have several, one for a Glock 30, S&W 37 and a 3 inch 1911. All conseal very well and carry well.

Friends don't let friends wear fobus...please, just say no.

(If you paint it black and call it Israeli, someone will buy it...)

Comment

bianchi carry-lok...
            ''Life's tough......it's tougher if you're stupid.''
            -- John Wayne

Comment

I like don hume and aker holsters:

www.donhume.com
              www.akerleather.com

Comment

Don Hume Galco, and Bianchi, are all great. Guys, what's wrong with Fobus? I don't own one so I'm asking you.
                "Well I'm here now, so deal with it."

Comment

If I can find the link for the video, I'll post that here.

There is zero-retention value on a FOBUS, especially on the paddle versions (which break off due to a very simple gun-grab attempt). Maybe not such an issue for concealed firearms, but certainly not something that inspires confidence in the product itself.

Comment

Let's buy stuff worth owning...some of the holster makers listed in the above posts are marginal quality at best.

Here are some of the best in the business with a huge nod to Lou Alessi!!

www.miltsparks.com
                    www.brommelandgunleather.com
                    www.alessileather.com
                    www.bulmangunleather.com

www.lightningarms.com to get Alessi and Sparks holsters fast fast fast...No wait!!

With holsters you get what you pay for 100% of the time.
                    Last edited by 6233108; 10-08-2005, 12:56 PM.
                    Trooperden, akman75, & azmichelle ignored

Comment

And Wilson Combat : http://www.wilsoncombat.com/index_leather.htm - though I (for one) was specifically not referring to leather products.

Otherwise 6233108, some very good suggestions above, indeed.

Comment

I like the Blackhawk...though I do not own one. The only thing on it I would recommend is that you get one that your belt goes through, and not the paddle holster. Reason being...at a rifle school I was at about a month and a half ago...one of our guys transitioned from rifle to Glock. When he did, he came out with the Glock and holster. I believe the problem was though he was used to carrying the Fobus or Uncle Mikes and obviously did not engage the button on the side to release the gun.

Just my .02

MTL

Comment

Originally posted by 6233108
                          Let's buy stuff worth owning...some of the holster makers listed in the above posts are marginal quality at best.

Here are some of the best in the business with a huge nod to Lou Alessi!!

www.miltsparks.com
                          www.brommelandgunleather.com
                          www.alessileather.com
                          www.bulmangunleather.com

www.lightningarms.com to get Alessi and Sparks holsters fast fast fast...No wait!!

With holsters you get what you pay for 100% of the time.

Some of these makers (no personal experience with Bulman) are AWESOME. Lou Alessi's stuff is absolutely beautiful and durable as hell.

As far as the Blackhawk Serpa goes, I don't find that it conceals all that well. I use it for plain clothes carry (not necessarily concealed) and don't find that it will conceal all that well. It sticks out a little too far for me to use it daily. I really prefer an IWB holster for daily wear.

The Galco Cop series, sucks, in my opinion. The leather is WAY too soft and there is no reinforcement in the holsters. I have one but I very much worry about having to reholster with it because of the way the holster is constructed. The thumb-breaks find their way into a trigger guard way too easily. I've also never been impressed with Bianchi's concealment stuff.

I think I said it before, but I will say it again. You REALLY get what you pay for when it comes to holsters!
                          Nobody ever wants to have to fight, but its a darn good idea for someone to know how.

Comment

Most of them are well made

My personal favorites are all Safariland; only ones to ride comfy and stay put; but draw easily. Blackhawk's Serpa is also excellent and comes with both belt loop and paddle (nifty retention device as well).
                            "It's not how far the shot was; it's how close you were able to get."

--Jeff Cooper

Comment

Originally posted by blueronin
                              Don Hume Galco, and Bianchi, are all great. Guys, what's wrong with Fobus? I don't own one so I'm asking you.
                              The fasteners pop whenever they feel like it, like in synagouge, the movies or a park.

They offer no consealment or retention. If you happen to hits something like a car door or a seat you may have to explain "Oh, sorry...that's just my duty gun...they make me carry this thing...really, go about your buisness...its nothing..."

Friends do not let friends carry in fobus. Cheap is as cheap does.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4410 users online. 287 members and 4123 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X