300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Browning High Power

Does anybody have any experiance with the Browning High Power Practical pistols. In my opinion, I know it is not the most important thing when buying a gun, but they are one of the best looking guns I have ever seen.

http://www.browning.com/products/cat...51&type_id=005

Are they really worth the price though?
    When a crime breaks out, all the cute girls shout
    get the, good looking guy

In my opinion, yes. They are considered the best natural pointing handguns ever made and are very reliable. Single-action auto only, It's trigger can be a bit heavy due to the magazine safety. I loved mine, ex-wife pawned it behind my back.

Comment

You can get the mag safety removed.

Wouldn't that have been grand theft???
      Originally posted by madic15al
      ex-wife pawned it behind my back.
      "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

Originally posted by pkagel
        Wouldn't that have been grand theft???
        No. Its a justification for murder.

Dam, that's a fine looking gun.

Comment

HP by Jim Hoag

ooooppppssssss
          Last edited by 6233108; 09-30-2005, 02:16 PM.
          Trooperden, akman75, & azmichelle ignored

Comment

I have carried (and still own) a Wayne Novak modified HP. Fine gun, liked it a lot, but we became "retroactivly incompetent" to carry single action autos.
            "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
            John Stuart Mill

Comment

I've owned several including a Nazi proofed one from WWII, an Inglis which was a Canadian manufactured WWII pistol and an Isreali Defense Force sidearm. It's said John Browning invented the 1911 and with the BHP he got perfection.

The only one I have now is a .40 which has a street carry package. I like the .40 better than 9mm except it has a heavier recoil.

Check with CDNN Investments as they sometimes have new H.P.s for sale. You'll need Adobe to access the firearms section.
              Life is like a 3 ring circus and cops have a front row seat. It`s The Greatest Show On Earth.

Comment

Originally posted by Dons
                Does anybody have any experience with the Browning High Power Practical pistols. In my opinion, I know it is not the most important thing when buying a gun, but they are one of the best looking guns I have ever seen.

http://www.browning.com/products/cat...51&type_id=005

Are they really worth the price though?
                Quality firearm for sure! I have one similar to the Practical version (a project gun). The only problem I have is hammer bite in the web between thumb and finger.
                Vic

Comment

My stepfather carries a Browning and it is a nice weapon. We can't carry them but I do like it.
                  "I am the guy that keeps Mister Dead in his pocket." -'Mad' Max Rockatansky

"An Englewood Ranger is no stranger to Danger.." -Unk

Good Night Chesty Where Ever You Are.

A Good Friend will bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "That was Awesome."

Second City Cop

Comment

I had acquired a Buenos Aires PD HP many moons ago and loved it. Some work was obviously done to it. I have shot some of the more recent production and still enjoy the great ergonomics and simplicity. I believe that if you want the HP design, the Browning is overpriced. Look at the FM or FN clones. CZ makes a HP design, but I depise the sights. If you want Browning, try to find an excellent condition Belgium/Belgium. That would be worth the price!
                    " (T)o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.... " Richard Henry Lee, 1788

Comment

John Browning considered his High-Power to be a weapon superior to even his 1911. If not for the fact its a 9mm, I think he may have been correct. If it were made in .45 without the grip getting much thicker, I'd be getting one.
                      I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Thats funny. John Browning was dead before the Highpower ever saw production. The design was mostly Dedon Saive's sp? The same guy who designed the FN 49 and later FAL rifles. The only thing I know of that was his design was the newer style barrel hookup design.

Comment

From http://www.m1911.org/browning.htm

"...The most famous pistols of John's design, however, were Colt's .45 ACP M1911 Government Model and FN's Browning High-Power Model P-35 in 9mm Parabellum."

This may be a better discussion on the 1911 forum: http://forums.1911forum.com/
                          I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5896 users online. 348 members and 5548 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X