300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duty gun and sights

Have any of you guys considered/used the various red dot sight in your duty guns: Dr. Optic/JPoint/Optima, etc? The reason I ask is that we are allowed to make any sight changes, grip reductions, etc on our duty G22's and I believe it would help with my pistol qual scores.

I am a Reserve officer, so it wouldn't be used daily, just my 8 hours a month or more.

When they originally came out, they were pushed hard for what you describe. I (personally) have never seen anyone outside of IPSC using them set up that way. However, the J-Poin/Docter has supposedly been upgraded and is very durable now. They are quite commonly seen on military rifles mounted in conjunction with a long range optic to give a close range option. Personally, if it were my gun, I would stick with the night sights rather than go to an electronic option like that. However, I can certainly see where it would appear to be a great option, just not what I'd be ready for.
    Nobody ever wants to have to fight, but its a darn good idea for someone to know how.

Comment

They still fail the 'my life behind it' test for me. As an IPSC competitor and Rangemaster, I still see too many of them fail during competition. My duty gear has to work all the time, every time, under all conditions. The electronic sights undergo far more shock on a handgun than a rifle, which could lead to the higher failure rate.
      I have also seen too many shooters play 'find the dot' when forced to use an unconventional position.
      "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
      John Stuart Mill

Comment

Their is a reason the Marines have the same sights on their guns that they always have, they work every time.

The only sight upgrades that I could even see being viable on a duty gun are the Express sights and the Ghost ring pistol sights(if your eyes are going.)
        "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4816 users online. 294 members and 4522 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X