300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flight of the Eagle Qualifier

After recently reading some of the posts here concerning dealing with recoil and its impact on hitting the target I decided to relate a drill we started here at Cloud Mt last year.
    We organized a class of students that were having troubles with "flinching"
    The drill is this. We do a standard speed qualifier and we work out the bugs untill the students are feeling all warm and fuzzy. Then we put them through the ringer. Out come a handfull of 50 Desert Eagles and butt load of ammo. After a couple tense hours these folks can do the "flight of the Eagle " as we call it and do very well. All considered this drill takes these students to a level that many will not achieve with a standard duty gun. My success with this drill has been very good except with a couple petite females who simply could not handle the masive frame of the DE.
    The issue of recoil after doing the "Flight of the Eagle" drill is gone.
    We will most likely continue this drill as it has really proven its worth in dealing with the flinchies. I even had one female student do a double speed with the Eagle and make a decent score.
    Now we all understand that the departments are not going to switch over to 50 caliber side arms but these tools allows us to reenforce the idea that recoil is no big deal and that one need not be concerned with it.
    "GUN GO BANG BULLET HITS CENTER OF MASS"

Here at Cloud Mt. unorthodox ideas and concepts are the norm. We are always "Outside the Box" in our thinking and it has proven itself to be the way to go.

Best to ya
    Colonel Rivers

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6479 users online. 350 members and 6129 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X