Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Glock 22 .40 Cal...gouge marks on slide??

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glock 22 .40 Cal...gouge marks on slide??

Hello,

Just wondering if any other officers carrying a Glock 22 (or any Glock for that matter) are noticing two identical gouge marks on both sides of the slide base...at the magazine port location? Is that clear as mud?? Our Glock rep has told our agency rangemaster/armorer that it's normal to see metal loss in that location. Seems strange to me. Both metal loss gouges are indentical in length and depth, about 1/2 inch long. No performance concerns. I've carried it on duty for five years now. The thing is pretty much bullet proof (like most Glocks). Just wondering.

If possible post a picture, Id like to check it out

Comment

It's normal peening, they have since modified the slide tolerances ever so slightly. It will not hurt the gun whatsoever.
      Trooperden, akman75, & azmichelle ignored

Comment

Originally posted by LE206
        If possible post a picture, Id like to check it out
        Tried to take a picture with our agencies crappy digital camera, no luck....the goiuges didn't show. Looks like our Glock rep might be right. My weapon is six years old and has thrown a ton of lead (in training only thank God). I checked with a few of our S.O. Deputies, looks like it's common. Another officer states it's common "peening" and Glock has made some adjustments. Good to know, thanks.

Comment

Its perfectly normal. Don't worry about it. My duty G22 does the same thing.

Comment

Its normal, in fact I'd be worried if any of my Glocks didn't have the marks on the inside of the slide.

Think of them as beauty marks gained through nice, hard use
            Nobody ever wants to have to fight, but its a darn good idea for someone to know how.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1909 users online. 96 members and 1813 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X