Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our local P.D. carries the Sigma .40, and have for a few years. They are going to switch over to the Glock. As someone that carries the Glock on one job and a Beretta on the other, I like the Glock better.
    Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice. Barry Goldwater

Comment

I would put any of these three pistols listed below up against any Glock, XD or SIG any day. I've owned them all and below is what I carry.

Taurus PT 24/7 12 rd. in 45 cal. w/tac-rail
      Taurus PT 145 10 rd in 45 cal. w/tac-rail
      Taurus PT 745 6 rd in 45 cal.

I own and carry all three of these pistol. They feel better in your hand then anything else, have less felt recoil (feels like a 9mm) and are totally reliable.

Comment

I had a Sig Pro 2340 and loved it. $500 + is a bit too high for one, though (unless it's one of the new 2022s, then that's pretty good). You can find them on Gunbroker.com for $400. I think I paid $450 for mine.

Comment

Sig

-tink

Comment

ColonelRivers, how would the Springfield XD pistols fit into your assessment?

Comment

I like Glock or Sig. No experience with the Sigma. Did have one in property that forfeited to our agency. It has been used as off duty by one of our officers, and there were no problems that I am aware of, but I'm not in property any more.

Comment

Glock or sig, I love S&W revolvers, but their automatics have basically sucked, the trigger pull has always felt like a broomhandle in a box of broken glass. S&W got sued by Glock over the Sigma design, always go with the original. You pay a lot for the Sig name.
                Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Comment

I have a GLOCK 22, but prefer SIG's ergonomics (have a P-226) and the HK USP should also be a consideration. The trigger on the SIG Pro is much better than the HK USP or the GLOCK.

Whichever suits your hand best and you can shoot with most accurately and consistently.

GLOCK, SIG and HK are all very good guns either way.

SIG has preference for earned reputation and reliability second to none. You get what you pay for.

Comment

The PD that I work for carries the Sig Pro. About 5-6 years ago we carried the sig p226 9mm and we wanted to convert over to .40 cal. The Range staff tried a few different guns and put them through every test that they could think of from freezing to boiling the weapon, throwing it off roof tops, putting it in mud, etc and the weapon fired everytime. Our PD chose the sig pro as the weapon that we were going to carry.

Now, some politics involved in this decision. Sig made the 2340 to be a combat weapon and to compete with Glock for the LE market. That being said they wanted a big PD (we have about 1,800 sworn) to carry the weapon for marketing purposes. A couple of the frames on our 226's cracked. Sig traded our 226's for new 2340s and paid for half of the cost of holsters.

I have never had a problem with the sig pro. I went through FI school and shot about 1,500 rounds through it without cleaning or even oiling the gun and didn't even have one malfunction. In total I would estimate that I shot at least 5,000 rounds through it in the 4 years I have had it and can not remember the gun doing anything that wasn't operator error. I have never even changed the springs on it.
                    "You didn't think we give pretty women tickets? You're right, we don't."

Comment

Reason for Editing.
                      Last edited by lazycop; 02-15-2010, 04:45 PM.
                      Work smarter not harder!

Comment

Why? While I had a bad experience with Glock, I always ask why.
                        N. A. Corbier
                        Moderator, SecurityInfoWatch Forums
                        Visiting Commando Leader

If you work in private security, feel free to register on Officer.com's sister site for security, forums.securityinfowatch.com

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3679 users online. 248 members and 3431 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X