300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corbon 40 ammo concern

Need help out there, I use Corbon's 135 grain 40 cal in my H&K U.S.P. I have been noticing that the chambered round sometimes has nicks around the mouth of the case, not just in my H&k but also in my G23 which is well worn in. I don' thave this problem with the nickel plated ammo I carry for duty here in south florida for the sheriffs dept I work for. Has anyone out there experenced this with corbon ammo? Any imput is greatly apperciated !

Eddie, I carry 9mm 115gr. CorBon's in my Browning Hi-Power with no problems (other than cost). I have found them to be extremely accurate, and thru the chronograph, they are clocking 1425 fps. I'm issued a glock 22 at my dept. and we tested alot of ammo and in .40 cal. I highly recommend Speer Gold-Dot 155gr. or 165gr. but the CorBon is extremely good ammo just not my preferance for a duty load in the .40
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them." John Wayne The Shootist

"A nation which does not remember what it was yesterday, does not know what it is today"
    General Robert E. Lee, at Appomattox, Va

Comment

Thanks for the reply!

Thanks for the feed back Sert! We use Winchester Ranger at my dept. I just like the Corbon for personal carry, or when I'm out of town.Don't want to use my duty ammo off duty,too many strings attachted! I'll check out the speer in 155 grain also I've tried Golden Sabers in 165 grain and have had good results with them.One thing is for certain the price of Corbon is a factor when people look for defensive ammo to depend their lives on !

Comment

EddieC,
        My department also uses the Winchester Ranger for duty ammo as well as off-duty ammo for .40. I am curious as to the "too many strings attached" comment regarding department issued ammo off-duty. I would think that it would be better as far as liability concerns, can you shed some light on your opinion. I am always looking for different opinions (information).

Comment

GoGo Gadget,
          That is what I would think. I think a lawyer would have a field day if you were issued ammunition by your department, however chose to use something different. I would like to believe that the department has the documentation regarding the reason they chose the ammunition, such as state contract, testing, etc.
          The department I work for allows you to carry personally purchased ammunition or department issued ammunition for personally owned firearms, however only department issued ammunition for department issued firearms on or off-duty carry.

Comment

I third the vote on same ammo, I only carry the Cor-Bon in my Browning cause we are issued .40's
            "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them." John Wayne The Shootist

"A nation which does not remember what it was yesterday, does not know what it is today"
            General Robert E. Lee, at Appomattox, Va

Comment

Some lawyers are pros at trying to make that great divide between " Duty Ammo and Off Duty" . I'm not saying my dept doesn't allow it ,"They Do!" I'm just concerned about being made an example of . I just started at this department after moving back to Florida from Phoenix Az from the Sheriffs Dept there over 5.5 years.After my probation period "Again" I'll feel more comfortable using duty ammo.Hope this makes sense to those wondering! Thanks again for your imput in this matter!!

Comment

I've heard this argument before, and have been advised (as a reloader) that if I were to use my custom loads for off-duty self-defense that I could suffer a beating in a civil lawsuit here in California. As a matter of fact, this has been circulating for years, so to be on the safe side I now carry high quality factory ammo for self-defense instead of my favorite handloads.

But now here's the question. Isn't this paranoia? Is there one single documented incident in which a lawyer even MENTIONED the ammunition used in a home-defense or self-defense shooting? I have never caught any news on this issue, just the threat of a lawsuit. I suspect that this is nothing more than an urban legend.

Comments, anyone? See my new thread so that this thread is not hijacked - "Getting sued for using custom ammo."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4936 users online. 309 members and 4627 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X