300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ammo cost difference?

What is the cost difference in 9mm and .40 box of ammo?

I hear everyone posting the 9mm rounds are cheaper. What is the average price of a typical box of ammo for each in your area?

Sorry didnt read that you wanted local cost's
    Last edited by Batman21; 07-28-2005, 05:04 PM. Reason: Yea I'm and idiot didnt read the whole post

Comment

About 3$, I roll my own
      "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

Not necessarily looking for local prices in my area. Just prices in each of your areas respectively. Curious as the price differences in different areas in other words.

Comment

If you use Federal American Eagle:

9mm: $12 / 50
          .40: $15 /50

-Brandon.

Comment

winchester white box from walmart:

9mm $12 per 100
            .40 $15 per 100

Comment

Originally posted by benchmademan

9mm $12 per 100
              .40 $15 per 100

now that's not bad at all! Thanks guys.

Comment

low cost ammo

Please check your local Wal-Mart for winclean ammo in 9mm, 40S&W and 45 ACP
                priced respectively at $5, $9 and $11 per box. also if you happen to find some
                winchester 147 gr TMC (or the 180 gr [remington] UMC in the ugly pale green
                box "LeadLess" 40 S&W UPC 47700 35540) at $5 per 50. They are also closing
                out 9mm Hydrashok personal defense loads @ $9 in some markets.
                happy hunting!
                Last edited by robgump; 08-24-2005, 07:14 AM. Reason: typo and added detail

Comment

Those aren't bad prices at all! I could handle that easily I think.

Comment

It becomes a factor in how much you shoot. One year (after I retired), I loaded and shot 10,000 rounds - and that was a down year for me! Of course, the machinguns eat faster than the handguns and rifles.
                    "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
                    John Stuart Mill

Comment

Originally posted by benchmademan

9mm $12 per 100
                      .40 $15 per 100

Ditto. I can get a case of 500 Winchester white box from midwayusa.com for about 85$

If you were to reload...after the start up...its about half that.
                      An impressionable child in a tumultuous world, and they say I'm at a difficult stage... --Meat Loaf

Professional Stupidity Recognition Technician

Comment

Our Walmart has .40 CCI brass for 7.89...the 9mm are 3.69.
                        Our Academy has 9mm CCI brass for 3.59 and .40's for 8.49.
                        Winchester is the same as ya'll.
                        Best part about the CCI brass rounds are theyre reloadable, and come fully loaded for about the price of brass itself....isnt mass production great?
                        Born to Fight, Trained to Kill; Break our Laws, And I'll Break Your Will.

Criminals thrive on the indulgence of public understanding.

Comment

Ammo cost

Between the Army and the SD,9MM has not run out. I do not expect it to. I am saving the brass. I have the powder and priners. I just need some slugs. My .38 Super dies will work.
                          I only got the M9 because free is cheaper than .22. And the pistol was cheap.
                          I put a D spring and an INS trigger return in it and polished a bit.
                          It won`t shoot with my 19111s but is not a bad plinker.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3088 users online. 183 members and 2905 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X