300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does your dept. issue?

The department where I just got hired issues a Sig P220 .45. Just curious to see what guns/calibers other cops carry. For some reason, I was under the impression that most cops carry Glock 9mm. I hope I'm wrong

So, what do you carry? Do you like your issued gun/caliber?

Brandon
    He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.
    -- Nietzsche

Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
    -- Hemingway

Choice of SIG P226 or P229, both in .40 S&W caliber. I chose the P226, it wouldn't be my first choice, but I don't hate it.
    Talk sense to a fool, and he will call you foolish - Euripides

Comment

We also have SIG P226's and P229's in .40 caliber. For patrol rifles we have .223 Bushmasters with telescoping stocks, Sure-Fire lights, High-Speed-Transition slings, and either 16-inch or 11.5-inch barrels.
      Cogito ergo summopere periculosus.

Comment

H&K USP .45 for all members. Narcotics Agents also have the Glock 27 for plain clothes work.

Comment

H&K USP .45 here as well.

Comment

Here they are issued Glocks with the choice of 22 or 23 and 27 for UC work. When I was hired we were issued HK's and they didn't even last through my academy class before they sold them to glock and got glocks! Will never own a HK!

Comment

.40 Cal Sig Pro
              "You didn't think we give pretty women tickets? You're right, we don't."

Comment

we're issued glock 32s in .357sig; however, i took the personal carry option and use a bright stainless 1911-A1 .45 with some fancy wood grips.

my gun has it's own "presence" section in the use of force continuum.

Comment

Your choice of Glock 22 or 23, Sig 226 or 229, or H&K USp 40 or 40C. .40 S&W is the only caliber unless you want to carry POW and buy all your practice ammo. POW have to be approved and be 9mm,.40 S&W or 45 ACP.
                  1911's good to go.
                  Trooperden, akman75, & azmichelle ignored

Comment

Well my dept (USAF SF) issues what the rest of the services issue. The Beretta M9 9mm. HOnestly I think we should goto the Glock or HK, and there was a rumor a little while ago that Sig had the contract to replace our sidearms. But anyway.
                    Professionalism always, courtesy until it's time not to be.

Comment

S&W 4003 40 Tactical.

Comment

Our department issues the vaunted Ruger P89 in 9mm.

From 1988-2004, you could use your own $$ and buy a S&W, Beretta or Sig in 9mm as well.

In 2004, we got a new chief who loved his 1911 model .45. We can now carry just about any major maker (add Colt, Glock, Kimber and Springfield Armory to the above list) in 9mm, 40 cal or 45.

I'd say of the officers that bought new guns, 90% of them bought the 45. Of those, at least 50% bought the Glock.

I still carry my Sig 228 in 9mm. It's never failed me and I qualify as an Expert so I'm happy with it.
                        "Get busy dying or get busy living".....Andy Dufrain, Shawshank Redemption

Comment

Originally posted by ccthompsfs
                          Well my dept (USAF SF) issues what the rest of the services issue. The Beretta M9 9mm. HOnestly I think we should goto the Glock or HK, and there was a rumor a little while ago that Sig had the contract to replace our sidearms. But anyway.
                          Sadly I don't think the DOD will ever get a Glock firearm. I wish they would though because the Beretta 9mm's that I used were pieces of ****!

Currently in service only with the Austrian Army, the revolutionary Glock 17 pistol was withheld from the U.S. XM9 trials at the behest of its inventor, Gaston Glock, who would not accept U.S. government requirements to release the winning contender's production and patent rights to open bidding. The Glock pistol represents an entirely new era in small arms technology. Glock would have submitted his pistol only if guaranteed production rights. However, this stipulation does not conform to procedures practiced by the DOD.
                          http://remtek.com/arms/glock/model/9/17/index.htm

Just some info that I found....

Comment

We carry the Beretta Model 92FS 9mm in a stainless finish (this is a harsh enviroment for metals) and I hate it to no end.
                            No man is justified in doing evil on the grounds of expediency. - Theodore Roosevelt, The Strenuous Life: Essays and Addresses (1900)

Comment

Originally posted by mrkoje
                              Currently in service only with the Austrian Army, the revolutionary Glock 17 pistol...
                              You will be happy to know that the Glock 17 is also in service with the militaries of the Netherlands and Norway.
                              No man is justified in doing evil on the grounds of expediency. - Theodore Roosevelt, The Strenuous Life: Essays and Addresses (1900)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5424 users online. 312 members and 5112 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X