300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name Those Rifles.....

OK, I know we've all seen the wonderfully AWESOME movie "Heat." I'd like to know what kind of rifle Val Kilmer was shooting when they were at the drive-in, and what kind did Al Pachino use during the bank shoot out. I LOVE those rifles and have never found anyone who knows what kind they are. Any answers would be appreciated.
    Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Hope this helps you
    De Niro's and Kilmer's characters use Colt M733A rifles, which are basically short versions of the well known M16.
    Sizemore's character uses a Galil ARM
    Pacino's is a Fabrique Nationale FNC para version.
    The detectives use Colt M16A2 rifles and a Mossberg 500 shotgun.
    The only fully automatic weapons in the scene are the M733As and the Galil ARM

Comment

Originally posted by Wilco5o
      Hope this helps you
      De Niro's and Kilmer's characters use Colt M733A rifles, which are basically short versions of the well known M16.
      Sizemore's character uses a Galil ARM
      Pacino's is a Fabrique Nationale FNC para version.
      The detectives use Colt M16A2 rifles and a Mossberg 500 shotgun.
      The only fully automatic weapons in the scene are the M733As and the Galil ARM
      Good eyes.

The rifle in use at the drive-in scene was a H&K MSG 90 or an H&K 91 (sniper). I'd have to bust out the movie and watch it again to be entirely certain. Either way, the MSG90 is just an accurized and scoped version of the 91.
      Nobody ever wants to have to fight, but its a darn good idea for someone to know how.

Comment

the FNC pacino had was sweet, but have you priced those? jeez. i read an article where they gave pacino the FNC to make him look like he was a little wiser, or fancy i guess, than the rest of the coppers with the unique taste in rifles.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6093 users online. 325 members and 5768 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X