300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entry weapon

I am removing this post as it seems that this forum is not the place I am looking for. I am sorry if I have offended anyone as it seems I may have.
    There is far too much disent here to try and reach anyone who might be interested in progresive change in equipment.
    My Humble appologies to all. I will still continue to add my two cents worth where it seems apropriate.
    Thanks for all the input folks its been interesting for sure. I must say this forum seems to atract some of the most negative thinking I have ever had the oportunity to meet.
    Signing off
    CR
    Last edited by ColonelRivers; 09-06-2005, 11:42 PM. Reason: to remove this post

And what part of the company do you own. Or do you just sell hearing aid's.

Comment

A 50 cal "entry" weapon? for entering what a bank vault?

Comment

From looking at the site, the 502 Thunder Sabre round appears to be simular to the .50AE or the .50 Beowolf with a 335 grain bullet, overall length of the round looks to be about the same as the 5.56mm/.223 round. I'm not sure just what advantage it would give you.
        never forget: www.odmp.org

"In peace time our best still don battledress and lay their lives on the line"

Comment

I could see where one of those would be handy to have if a rogue elephant were to ever escape from the zoo.

Comment

I'm no expert but ya know, a shotgun slug is usually .75 cal or so and usually weighs considerably more than 335 grains. Like 100 grains more to put it at one ounce, Those one ounce slugs are usually shoved out of even a 14inch barrel at well over 1400fps and I can buy the ammunition at Bubba's Fish-n-Tackle in AnyTown, USA or the nearest Walmart for $4/box. Where do I find ammo for the ThunderBoss? How much does it cost? I can think of a half dozen other reasons NOT to buy such a weapon.

Comment

If you're busting in to a condominium full of bad guys, one .50-cal round fired at 1425 fps (with about 1510 foot-pounds of kinetic energy) would do a nice job of going through multiple bad guys and multiple walls. Maybe that's how they get around the high cost of ammo - each round you fire goes through six people in six different condos...
              Cogito ergo summopere periculosus.

Comment

I see now... No one will care how much the gun and ammo cost because of the cost of the liability from having ever used the weapon in the first place. I get it!

Comment

HAND GRENADE ...... Works every time.

Comment

Well its obvious you know little about ballistics. The 12.7 will penetrate 18 inches of jell and to 80 caliber. This is not a 50 BMG folks its going to do a nice job of stopping one bad guy but its not going to penetrate 6 plus all the walls too.
                    Lets get our collective together here and get up to speed on what things do in the real world. Cars dont blow up and flip over like they do in the movies either.
                    Respectfully
                    RC

Comment

The round and weapon sound ridiculous, plain and simple. Why should a department waste their money with something like that when the could pick up a UMP 45 where you can find ammo anywhere, has a folding stock, 25 round mag, numerous trigger groups, do I need to continue. This is just one example, do I need to give more.

DETSGT and gcmj45acp are both right on the money with their comments.

Comment

Originally posted by ColonelRivers
                        Well its obvious you know little about ballistics. The 12.7 will penetrate 18 inches of jell and to 80 caliber. This is not a 50 BMG folks its going to do a nice job of stopping one bad guy but its not going to penetrate 6 plus all the walls too.
                        Lets get our collective together here and get up to speed on what things do in the real world. Cars dont blow up and flip over like they do in the movies either.
                        Respectfully
                        RC
                        I believe I know a little something about ballistics.

A .50-caliber 335-grain projectile fired at 1425 feet per second would have approximately 1510 foot-pounds of kinetic energy and approximately 46.5 pounds/MPH of momentum. Compare that to a .223-caliber 62-grain projectile fired at 3000 feet per second, which has approximately 1238 foot-pounds of kinetic energy and approximately 18.1 pounds/MPH of momentum.

The momentum of a projectile is, to a large extent, what determines the penetration qualities of that projectile. The shape and density of the projectile are contributing factors as well.

As a projectile strikes any object, a portion of the momentum in that projectile must be spent in order to penetrate the object. The more momentum possessed by the projectile the more energy remains in it after such penetration.

With the projectiles from your .50-caliber
                        Last edited by mobrien316; 07-24-2005, 10:32 AM.
                        Cogito ergo summopere periculosus.

Comment

I have never seen a round that couldn't kill a gel block
                          There is no greater love - than that of a man - that will give his life for another.

If God carried a gun - it would be a 1911

Comment

Col. Rivers, is that a title you earned or is it one that you bestowed upon yourself. Mine is Detective Sergeant, I earned it with over 25 years in Law Enforcement and 22 of those years as a S.W.A.T. team member and leader. Do I know anything about ballistics, I like to think so with being certified as a weapons expert for trial testimoney in any type of court in the state of New Jersey. I have also done weapons repairs for over 30 year, reloaded ammunition for over 40 years and also have shot in all types of firearms competitions over the years. I could go on, but the biggest thing is I am a Retired L.E.O. that wore a badge and did more building entrys going after bad guy's than any Civ. with experience with a Milling Machine or a Eng. Degree.

Comment

Hi there I am not in law enforcement but I have a question about the Beowolf and if it is used as a entry weapon or if it is even used by any law enforcement agencies in general, as wondering if any one here would know since this is the pace I was directed by family friend who is in law enforcement and found the string on a search for the Beowolf, figured you guys would know. And walking into a sheriffs office and saying hey does swat use the Alexander Arms Beowolf as a entry weapon would get me some looks if not new shiny wrist oraments. Hoping you guys can help me out.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4606 users online. 283 members and 4323 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X