300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kimber Custom II

Does anybody use this as their duty firearm? If not, anybody have this as a personal gun? I'm looking at purchasing one, but want to know everybody's thoughts and opinions on it. Thanks.
    "Without love, I should be spiritless." ~Francois Maynard~
    "And these nights I get high just from breathing when I lie here with you." ~Author Unknown~
    "Do I miss you, or am I lying to myself again" ~Journey~

I own and carry a Kimber Warrior. I'm happy with it. I recently purchased it and have about 500 rounds through without any malfunctions.
    Also check the 1911 forum, they can better answer your questions.
    "The policeman is sent by God to help you. But if you are doing something wrong, of course you should be afraid, for he will will have you punished. He is sent by God for that very purpose" - Rom 13:4

Comment

My first handgun was a Kimber Custom Classic. I may be biased, but I think it was the best handgun I ever owned. I sold it to a friend when I got into Law Enforcement- my agency at the time didn't allow any personel to carry a single-action weapons, on duty or off, so I chucked it for a Glock.

Since the agency I work for now would allow me to carry it off-duty, I may get another one some day.
      You have no right to not be offended.-Neal Boortz

Comment

I've had one for over a 20months. I've put well over 15,000 rounds through it in that time. I had ONE malfunction (after the gun had over 3000 rounds WITHOUT cleaning) and then, it was only a failure to return fully into battery. Slight thumb pressure on the slide corrected the problem. I get very good groups with it at any reasonable pistol distance. I have also found it to be impressive on combat courses. If I could carry it on duty, I would without any hesitation or second thoughts. I only wish I would've bought one with a light rail. I also got a killer deal on mine, less than $700 for a stainless with some custom touches.
        Nobody ever wants to have to fight, but its a darn good idea for someone to know how.

Comment

Originally posted by OSI_Guy
          Does anybody use this as their duty firearm? If not, anybody have this as a personal gun? I'm looking at purchasing one, but want to know everybody's thoughts and opinions on it. Thanks.
          I carry a Kimber TLE II every day on duty. I shoot the hell out of it as well..(practice, practice, practice) It works for me and I am certain that one would work for you as well.

Comment

Mine's the Tactical Custom II and I love it. It replaced a well-worn Colt and I back it up with a Colt Defender.
            I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Originally posted by KenW.
              Mine's the Tactical Custom II and I love it. It replaced a well-worn Colt and I back it up with a Colt Defender.
              That's the one I'm looking at. I think it's a beauty and I've heard nothing but good things about it.
              "Without love, I should be spiritless." ~Francois Maynard~
              "And these nights I get high just from breathing when I lie here with you." ~Author Unknown~
              "Do I miss you, or am I lying to myself again" ~Journey~

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5061 users online. 320 members and 4741 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X