300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backup weapon

Who here has a backup weapon while on duty, and where is it carried on the person? I am considering a Glock 27. What is the best price anyone has heard for this handgun?

Glock 26. I can/have carried it in an ankle holster, vest holster on the straps, and also IWB with my duty belt covering it from view.

Check with www.streichers.com, they have a Glock Days Sale upcoming on June 24. LE prices will be right around $400 for Glocks.
    Nobody ever wants to have to fight, but its a darn good idea for someone to know how.

Comment

As my duty weapon, I carry a .40 caliber Glock 23. For my backup, I carry a Kel-Tec .25 caliber. I have an ankle holster and a vest holster for it, so it will sometimes be inside my vest and sometimes strapped to my ankle. I know Kel-Tec isn't the most reputable of companies and I've heard of some flaws with some of their weapons. However, I've had my Kel-Tec for three years now, shot it about 800 times, and qualify with it every 3 months. It has yet to misfire (knock on wood) and is very accurate. What I like most about it, though, is its concealability. It is so slim that nobody can notice I am wearing it whether it is on my ankle or inside my vest.

Comment

When I worked patrol, I carried a Glock 27 on my ankle as a BUG. I liked it. I think I paid around $450 with night sights.
        "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!'"

Comment

I carried a GLOCK 27 for a bit. I carried it on my ankle but found it was a bit bulky for my taste. I traded it in on a KAHR PM9 and have never been happier. This little 9 is a great gun and its a shooter too. It rides so nice on my ankle that I completely forget I am wearing it at times. Much slimmer than the G27
          There is no greater love - than that of a man - that will give his life for another.

If God carried a gun - it would be a 1911

Comment

Colt Agent, carried inside the waistband, in front, by the buckle.
            And no it doesn't bother me there.
            "The policeman is sent by God to help you. But if you are doing something wrong, of course you should be afraid, for he will will have you punished. He is sent by God for that very purpose" - Rom 13:4

Comment

smith 640 .357 on the vest and a 92FS in my bag next to me.

Comment

I like a Glock 19 as my primary, and a Glock 26 on my ankle.

This set up allows me to use my primary mags in my backup gun if need be.

Comment

I carry a Taurus ultra lite 38 as a BUG (dept. issued). I carry either in an ankle holster or inside the pocket holster. You cannot go wrong with a good revolver as a back up. Some of us old timers have been carrying them for years. The revolver has a good track record as a back up.
                  Live everyday as if it is your Last! Because someday you will be right.

Everyone has a game plan until they get punched in the mouth.

Comment

KelTec .40 attached to my vest. Lighter and slimmer than a Glock, and I've had no problems with it.
                    Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice. Barry Goldwater

Comment

Originally posted by halfacop
                      I carried a GLOCK 27 for a bit. I carried it on my ankle but found it was a bit bulky for my taste. I traded it in on a KAHR PM9 and have never been happier. This little 9 is a great gun and its a shooter too. It rides so nice on my ankle that I completely forget I am wearing it at times. Much slimmer than the G27
                      That's what I have been waiting to hear. I am currently looking at picking up a PM9. I have read reviews and it sounds like the right gun for me.

Comment

Originally posted by TPO
                        smith 640 .357 on the vest and a 92FS in my bag next to me.
                        My bug carry is similar. I carry a G27 in an Alessi ankle holster, a Smith 640 .357 on my vest and a Glock 22 in the bag next to me.

Comment

I carry a Para-ordnance P-10 on my ankle. It's a little heavy but it carries 11 rounds of .45 weeee
                          There's no substitute for strength,
                          and no excuse for a lack of it!!

Comment

Richjorg,

You will be entirely hapy w/ that PM9 when you get it. They do have a break in period of about 200 rounds before they say they will feed flawlessly. However, I have not had any problems w/ mine through the 200 or beyound. Mine does seem a bit "stiff" when racking the first one in. You have to let er fly to drive it home but I wouldn't trade this little thing for anything.

BUY ONE AND ENJOY!
                            There is no greater love - than that of a man - that will give his life for another.

If God carried a gun - it would be a 1911

Comment

Originally posted by halfacop
                              Richjorg,

You will be entirely hapy w/ that PM9 when you get it. They do have a break in period of about 200 rounds before they say they will feed flawlessly. However, I have not had any problems w/ mine through the 200 or beyound. Mine does seem a bit "stiff" when racking the first one in. You have to let er fly to drive it home but I wouldn't trade this little thing for anything.

BUY ONE AND ENJOY!
                              Great, thanks for the advice.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4498 users online. 283 members and 4215 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X