300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txinvestigator1
    Excellent point. However, I suggest having a very experienced shooter use the gun and see if the proboem persists.
    still doing it i am going to call them and see if i cant get a new gun thanks for your help
    "OBSTACLES ARE THOSE FRIGHTFUL THING YOU SEE WHEN YOU TAKE YOUR EYES OFF YOUR GOAL" HENRY FORD

Comment

they are giving me a new gun hope this one works better thanks for your help guys
      "OBSTACLES ARE THOSE FRIGHTFUL THING YOU SEE WHEN YOU TAKE YOUR EYES OFF YOUR GOAL" HENRY FORD

Comment

I don't know if this helps.

I carry department issued Glock 22 (.40)
        my backup under my seat is my personal, S&W sigma .40E
        On my gun rack in the car on the cage is a Colt AR-15 M4 rifle. (no shotgun)

Now what the nice thing about the glock 22 and sigma 40E is very similar guns and feels the same. Sigma is a replica of the Glock 22. I used to have the 4013TSW. I personally didn't like it bc of the weight of it. The Sigma Series and Glock are light weight guns. Unforunately, they stopped making the Sigma Series. I have heard the Ohio State Troopers has used the Sigma .40E or F models.

Now I have heard rumors that 9mm is a "****ing off the target" kind of gun, meaning that it doesn't stop them right away. I don't know if it's true, all I know I wouldn't want to be on the end of any .40 caliber guns.

The department has considered the Springfield XD40 for awhile now. I'm not sure if we are switching. I had Sig P226, and those are awesome guns.

I'm a S&W fan also. I don't really care for the glocks. Out of the 3422543526 (not actual #) times I went to the range with the Glock 22, I've had my finger pinched by that stupid little trigger safety switch. My Sigma 40E has a different kind of safety switch which I'm more comfortable with. I'm also not a fan of the side safety switches, in a spur of the moment, I don't have time to fondle with my safety switch on the side of my gun and then fire. I love the automatic safety feature.

Originally posted by Stan Switek
        I think you need to man up & go with the 454 Casull magnum.

http://www.fishandhunttexas.com/454casull.htm
        Try the 500 S&W, that'll blow you away even if you aren't the target.

(MIB) Will Smith: " What? Noisey Cricket? Man, I feel like I can break this damn thing!"

(fires the noisey cricket) "DAMN!!!"
        S&W Sigma .40E \/
        Attached Files
        Last edited by wolverine652001; 03-03-2005, 02:48 PM.

Comment

CHP-wanna-be,
          I was a CHP wanna be for a long time, was an explorer for 4 years and so on. Dont spend your money on a 4006. You will eventually get one issued in the academy. I have been a chp officer for 2 years now and must say that i love the 4006. The safety functions are great. I actually like the fact that the gun will not fire with the mag out. if you get into it with someone and it looks like they are going to get your gun, all you gotta do is press the button. I havent done it yet, but wouldnt you feel confident in knowing that the person cannot shoot you? Nobody wants to have their gun taken away, but if it does, I dont want them to have even one bullet to shoot at me.
          As far as a good gun to get, the .22 is fun and cheap, but pointless. I would recommend a .38 or close to it. Don't go larger than .40, it is a waste of time. Also think about a compact gun, whatever you buy now could have potential of being a backup gun on your ankle or vest while on the job. if you get a small .40, you can use all the same ammo.

I have to make a small correction to a previous post. the CHP academy is 27 weeks long, just over 6 months, not 5 months. It flies by though, especially if you are motivated and really want it.

good luck with the process. (BTW, have you applied yet? we are currently accepting apps!)
          Last edited by CHPMarine; 03-05-2005, 04:36 PM. Reason: error correction

Comment

also i must add,
            do not by the "triple threat" holster for your 4006. sure it looks good, and it makes it harder for the bad guy to take your gun away, but it is almost impossible to take out your gun while still in the patrol car.
            All the uniform companies that come to the academy will advertise the latest and greatest triple threat, dont fall for the trap. I did. My triple threat sits in the bottom of my locker, never to be used again...

Comment

The KCPD has tried several weapons over the past several years including the S&W 4006, 4026 and sigma. My suggestion is buy a Glock. We have changed over to them now. I personnally still carry the Sigma but it's a piece of crap. The striker pin rust and tends to break alot. The 4026 is a good weapon but it has a lower mag capacity. As far as never shooting vefore, don't worry about that. Alot of instructors love to see some one who does not have any of the bad habitts most experienced shooters have. Just let them teach you how to shoot and you'll do fine.

Comment

Originally posted by kcpd1143
                I personnally still carry the Sigma but it's a piece of crap. The striker pin rust and tends to break alot. .

Yeah, I had to get mine replaced, but it was free of charge also, including shipping and handling which was super nice. I carry for personal use also. I only replaced mine once and I've had it for now 4 years.

Comment

[QUOTE=ltroller]sob, it might be accurate to say that the sig has no manually operated external safety, it might not have a magazine disconnect safety, but it is NOT accurate to say it has no safety.QUOTE]

Regarding the above quote: Has everyone forgotten that EVERY gun comes with a safety? That being the shooters (operators for you SWAT/HRT guys) finger?

As for the topic, LOVE THE 40SW!
                  Ignorantia Legis Neminem Excusat: Ignorance of the Law Excuses No One.

Accipere quam facere praestat injuriam - It is better to suffer an injustice than to do an injustice

Comment

Originally posted by GoGo Gadget
                    With a tactical reload, you want to be able to fire with the mag out. Lull in the shooting you are not under fire at the moment. You know you just cranked off a good number of rounds, but are unsure of how many or fear it was way too many so you want a fresh mag. You keep your pistol trained downrange with eyes on the threat. Pull up the new mag and start to switch them out. If BG was flanking you or simply comes around whatever he is hiding behind and charges you, you want that round in the chamber to go. I am not waiting until I seat that mag. I am shooting and then loading while I move to cover

I want my pistol to go bang everytime I pull the trigger and a round is chambered.

My $.02
                    IMPORTANT: When you do a tactical reload

1)always grab your fresh magazine from your pouch first.

2)Then bring your fresh magazine up to your firearm.

3)Next take out your old magazine.

4)Put in your new magazine.

Some people make the mistake of taking out their old magazine before they grab their new magazine from their pouch.

If you do this you have an empty gun.

I hope everyone does it like this.

Comment

Originally posted by GoGo Gadget
                      Which is why I said, "Pull up the new mag and start to switch them out"

I browsed throught the responses too quick....thanks for pointing that out

Comment

How about some of the beretta models? I havent really heard much here about the 92 or 96 series, but from what I understand its a good gun. Has anyone here ever used any beretta models or have any opinion on them?

Comment

Originally posted by carabinero
                          How about some of the beretta models? I havent really heard much here about the 92 or 96 series, but from what I understand its a good gun. Has anyone here ever used any beretta models or have any opinion on them?
                          I think it is an UGLY BIG @$$ GUN. The US Postal Police carry that weapon. when I went to the academy (FLETC) it was half us and half US Postal Police. To me it's just big and ugly.
                          live everyday as if it your last...because one day it will be

Comment

It is big, but to me it is the best looking gun around. As far as experiences with it go though? Did any of those postal guys have problems with jams, accuracy, etc? I just dont like the glock because of the safety (or lack of an external safety that would help in a take away situation), and there are only a few other makes that I would be comfortable using.

Comment

Originally posted by carabinero
                              It is big, but to me it is the best looking gun around. As far as experiences with it go though? Did any of those postal guys have problems with jams, accuracy, etc? I just dont like the glock because of the safety (or lack of an external safety that would help in a take away situation), and there are only a few other makes that I would be comfortable using.
                              Im not quite sure what you mean about an external safety helping in a take away situation.. unless you keep your firearm on safe when its holstered?

Comment

Originally posted by Photogrrlz
                                My department issues .40 S&W tactical...And I think its a piece of crap..Luckily we can carry other weapons....I carry a Sig personally....But we are getting new guns this year...Once again S&W, but it is modeled after the Walther....I heard its a good gun... Then again I don't know to much about guns exceot how to shoot em....So I will give it a try when we do our transiton course.
                                Oh I am sorry to hear that..Biggest SO in MN has them their deps hate them!!!
                                Happy to be here proud to serve

"Well it appears this lock does not accept american express."

Never trust fire fighters to point out a suspect.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7947 users online. 403 members and 7544 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X