300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ecpd170
    i have the s&w 4013 tac and i hate it i would not suggest it to anyone it is always jamming on me i have sent it back 3 times and is still isnt working right
    The 4013 from the pic looks like it has an internal hammer. The 4006 does not. Could this have anything to do with it?

Check out the pics:

S&W 4006TSW

S&W 4013TSW

Let me know what you think.
    R.I.P. Officer Larry Lasater
    Pittsburg Police Dept.
    Pittsburg, CA

<P ALIGN=CENTER>
    <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript1.2" src="http://www.codeamber.org/js/codea.js">
    </script>
    </P>

Comment

My department issues .40 S&W tactical...And I think its a piece of crap..Luckily we can carry other weapons....I carry a Sig personally....But we are getting new guns this year...Once again S&W, but it is modeled after the Walther....I heard its a good gun... Then again I don't know to much about guns exceot how to shoot em....So I will give it a try when we do our transiton course.
      THE OTHER PLACE...A Forum to get away to

Patience with ignorance

Everyone is gay until proven striaght.

I am the one you want and what you want is so unreal--M.M.

When all of your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed--M.M.

Art may imitate life, but life imitates TV--Ani Difranco

Comment

Originally posted by Photogrrlz
        My department issues .40 S&W tactical...And I think its a piece of crap..Luckily we can carry other weapons....I carry a Sig personally....But we are getting new guns this year...Once again S&W, but it is modeled after the Walther....I heard its a good gun... Then again I don't know to much about guns exceot how to shoot em....So I will give it a try when we do our transiton course.
        Ok, I'm not feeling too confident about the S&W anymore...any suggestions on other brands?
        R.I.P. Officer Larry Lasater
        Pittsburg Police Dept.
        Pittsburg, CA

<P ALIGN=CENTER>
        <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript1.2" src="http://www.codeamber.org/js/codea.js">
        </script>
        </P>

Comment

Originally posted by CHP Wanna-Be
          Ok, I'm not feeling too confident about the S&W anymore...any suggestions on other brands?
          You can't go wrong with Glock or SIG-Sauer.

I much prefer the Glock, even though I'm issued, and have to carry, a SIG.
          Talk sense to a fool, and he will call you foolish - Euripides

Comment

Originally posted by Delta784
            You can't go wrong with Glock or SIG-Sauer.

I much prefer the Glock, even though I'm issued, and have to carry, a SIG.
            Along those lines, HKs, XDs, CZs, etc are all going to be pretty darn good.

You really can't go too wrong against a top tier manufacture. Of course, every body will make a lemon, but some companies(SA, etc) have great warranties. I'd go to a store, or ideally a range that rents, and just fondle some .40 cal handguns and see which one fits your hand best.

Then go for that one.

It may be a glock, it might be a sig 226, or a USK compact, or a XD 4" Service(what I have btw).

Comment

my .02 cents.
              Carried the glock 21 (.45cal) on the street and bought a glock 27 (.40 cal) which is compact and concealable. the 27 shoots like a dream but I had to get a mag extender because I have large hands. The biggest reason I like glocks is that the safety is on the trigger itself and you dont have to worry about flipping safeties in a stress situation. Saw a guy in another dept at a tac rifle class freeze up on a stress course because he forgot to take off his safety and had to think about it rather than rely on muscle memory. They're both easy to clean and maintain. Great to shoot too, seems like low recoil, less riding up after each shop, they feel front heavy to me, which is fine also.
              Liberalism is a mental disorder
              -Resistance implies Guilt-

Comment

The 4013 from the pic looks like it has an internal hammer. The 4006 does not. Could this have anything to do with it?

Check out the pics:

S&W 4006TSW

S&W 4013TSW

Let me know what you think.

i dont know why it is doing it other guys have the same problem i am not a gun person when the round comes up from the mag into the chamber it is going in on an angle and not letting the slide close. i also bought new mags and that didnt seem to help either I also just don
                "OBSTACLES ARE THOSE FRIGHTFUL THING YOU SEE WHEN YOU TAKE YOUR EYES OFF YOUR GOAL" HENRY FORD

Comment

.40 s &amp; w and sig 229 357

I have had .40 cal 4006 and Tact 4056 from S&W and I have had the Sig 229 357 cal. to start I liked all three guns. They are very different as well. For safety reasons I would go for the S&W 40 cal either 4056 (HEAVER THAN 4013) or 4006. If yo take the Mag out the weapon WILL NOT FIRE and the weapon is double action only. Meaning full trigger pull at all times. As a Federal Officer I have shot 296 out of 300 on a timed federal course. The sig is also a good weapon. it however has NO SAFETY. Mag is out the weapon will still fire if one is in the chamber. The weapon is also double on first trigger pull and single on the reast. Meaning 7lbs of pressure to pull the trigger the first time, 3lbs the next because ther hammer is cocked already. And you MUST DECOCK (NO PUN HERE) your weapon otherwise it may, and a deffinate may, go off if you drop your weapon. I shot the same 296 out of 300 with this weapon as well.n You should get what you are confertable with and can draw, shoot good with. I have never had any problems with either weapon jamming. The 4006 is a BIG HEAVY gun not good for off duty carry unless you are a large guy. The sig was better for me and the 4056 was better than sig for off duty carry.
                  live everyday as if it your last...because one day it will be

Comment

Originally posted by sob153
                    I have had .40 cal 4006 and Tact 4056 from S&W and I have had the Sig 229 357 cal. to start I liked all three guns. They are very different as well. For safety reasons I would go for the S&W 40 cal either 4056 (HEAVER THAN 4013) or 4006. If yo take the Mag out the weapon WILL NOT FIRE and the weapon is double action only. Meaning full trigger pull at all times. As a Federal Officer I have shot 296 out of 300 on a timed federal course. The sig is also a good weapon. it however has NO SAFETY. Mag is out the weapon will still fire if one is in the chamber. The weapon is also double on first trigger pull and single on the reast. Meaning 7lbs of pressure to pull the trigger the first time, 3lbs the next because ther hammer is cocked already. And you MUST DECOCK (NO PUN HERE) your weapon otherwise it may, and a deffinate may, go off if you drop your weapon. I shot the same 296 out of 300 with this weapon as well.n You should get what you are confertable with and can draw, shoot good with. I have never had any problems with either weapon jamming. The 4006 is a BIG HEAVY gun not good for off duty carry unless you are a large guy. The sig was better for me and the 4056 was better than sig for off duty carry.
                    the one thing i did like about the 4013 is it wont fire with out the mag i thought that was a great safety feature in case you are about to loose your gun you can drop the mag. most guns will still fire with out the mag or are more going t to this feature??
                    "OBSTACLES ARE THOSE FRIGHTFUL THING YOU SEE WHEN YOU TAKE YOUR EYES OFF YOUR GOAL" HENRY FORD

Comment

[QUOTE=ecpd170]i dont know why it is doing it other guys have the same problem i am not a gun person when the round comes up from the mag into the chamber it is going in on an angle and not letting the slide close. i also bought new mags and that didnt seem to help either I also just don
                      "Speed is fine, but accuracy is final"--Bill Jordan

Comment

Originally posted by txinvestigator1
                        That is a failure to feed. It is commonly caused by bad magazines, dirty weapon or simply ammo the gun does not like.

Since you changed magazines and I assume your weapon is clean, have you tried different brands of ammo?

my gun is clean and i have not tired any diffrent kinds of ammo i will give that a try this weekend and see what happens thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ecpd170
                          my gun is clean and i have not tired any diffrent kinds of ammo i will give that a try this weekend and see what happens thanks

You might also just have a bad gun.
                          "Speed is fine, but accuracy is final"--Bill Jordan

Comment

I own a XD, they are made by springfield and are backed by a lifetime warranty.. damn good firearm and would recommend it to anyone

here is a pic of mine.. XD .40

Comment

I just bought the Springfield XD sub-compact .40 last week. It shoots real well and is very accurate.

PDWard: I shot your gun 2 weeks ago (the 9mm) version and it was more accurate than other pistol I've fired. Thats what inspired me to buy the compact one.

Relating to the topic: I shot the S+W .40 about 4 months ago. I liked it and was considering getting one but the range master told me to save my money. He said they sucked and at a competition he went to, all the S+W's jammed. He has been shooting for half a century, so I heeded his advice, held out, and tried out some other guns

Comment

Originally posted by GoGo Gadget
                                With a tactical reload, you want to be able to fire with the mag out. Lull in the shooting you are not under fire at the moment. You know you just cranked off a good number of rounds, but are unsure of how many or fear it was way too many so you want a fresh mag. You keep your pistol trained downrange with eyes on the threat. Pull up the new mag and start to switch them out. If BG was flanking you or simply comes around whatever he is hiding behind and charges you, you want that round in the chamber to go. I am not waiting until I seat that mag. I am shooting and then loading while I move to cover

I want my pistol to go bang everytime I pull the trigger and a round is chambered.

My $.02
                                i was just saying personaly i thought it was a good thing and i know some dont like having the mag come out and not being able to shot but i like it at least you stand a chance of not getting shot with your own gun

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9482 users online. 333 members and 9149 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X