300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fireams Qualification

Look, don't keel over laughing yourself silly, this may seem a bit dumb, but I would like to hear your situation. We do firearms training/qualification every six months, it has been increased from once a year when I first joined. We probably don't have the problems you have, but what is the norm for you guys? How often you do you train/requalify?
    MP

A minimum of twice a year, with simunitions training thrown in from time to time.
    Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice. Barry Goldwater

Comment

Once a year, whether we need it or not.
      "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
      -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

Once a year, but we need more.
        Fear not Fear, but those that do not

Comment

Lets all rise to the minimum standard ! ! ! WHOOO HOOOOO To do more . . . over taxes budgettary requirments.
          "In my life I have met many people who were quick to point a finger, and but a few that cared enough lift one"

ME

Comment

All the damn time.
            Kelly

We are the thin blue line
            between you
            and all the money in the world.

And no you can't have any.

Comment

3-4 times a year (12-16 hrs) and scenarios with simunitions (usually 2x year)
              Last edited by TradArcher; 01-28-2005, 08:52 PM.

Comment

At least twice a year, more often if there is money left in the budget.
                Talk sense to a fool, and he will call you foolish - Euripides

Comment

Only once a year.

Comment

Thanks for your input, I was curious as to how our training compares to yours. I guess we are on par with twice a year, but ours doesn't involve scenarios or simunitions or last for as long - 12 to 16 hrs. We do about 5 to 6 hours, but that also involves use of force theory and baton training. As we don't take our firearms home, we don't do any shooting with our weapons unless it's during work time. But we don't have a big problem with our crooks carrying shooters, most usually have a knife or three on them.
                    MP

Comment

Four times a year (once a quarter) minimum. You can go more if you want.

Comment

By 12-16 hrs, I am referring to the # of hrs per year. Each training session is approx. 4 hrs. long.
                        Last edited by TradArcher; 01-29-2005, 01:20 PM.

Comment

mpjsg7767....can you guys carry firearms while off-duty?
                          Talk sense to a fool, and he will call you foolish - Euripides

Comment

We qual and practice every other month. Patrol has to qual twice a year.

Comment

Originally posted by Delta784
                              mpjsg7767....can you guys carry firearms while off-duty?
                              If there is a direct threat to yourself you can get permission to carry your firearm off duty, but otherwise the only time you take one home is if you have an early start for a specific job the next day. That doesn't happen very often, maybe couple times a year. All our firearms are stored at work.
                              MP

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2572 users online. 141 members and 2431 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X