Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever encountered these "Movie" Guns?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever encountered these "Movie" Guns?

I've seen these guns being sold in several gun magazines, they are full size replicas that shoot .25 Cal ammunition...either .25 Cal, or .17 Cal, anyway, the ad says no licence required, and by memory, I think they are being shipped without an FFL dealer getting involved, I think I may be mistaken, but at any rate, the price guide listed a Baby Glock (Glock 26) for $49.99

If more people knew about this, it could be trouble, Stay safe.
    A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.

-GK Chesterton

Can't say I've ever seen what you're talking about. The closest I've heard of is an 8mm Glock that supposedly was designed for movie use but designed to fire blank cartridges only. Supposedly it was developed (whether by Glock or aftermarket I don't know) to eliminate the need to use a real firearm in the movies and reduce the chance of someone being injured or killed. It might have been referred to as the Glock 18, but I'm not sure.

I don't see how anyone can sell these guns without an FFL if they are actual modern firearms. Perhaps they are air-powered pellet guns? I know there are many of those that look virtually identical to the real firearms that shoot a .177 pellet and are charged with CO2.
    Caution and worry never accomplished anything.

Comment

Sounds like an "AirSoft" 6mm pellet gun, they cost anywhere from $30.00 to over a thousand and look like a real gun, since they are soft pellet guns there is no restriction on transfer or possession in most states.
      never forget: www.odmp.org

"In peace time our best still don battledress and lay their lives on the line"

Comment

Re: Anyone ever encountered these "Movie" Guns?

We have built many sub-caliber prop guns and blank firing guns for movies. They are considered "non guns" by the BATFE, and do not require an FFL for tansfer. That being said many states do have some laws about them that may require special treatment.

Comment

What exactly is a "sub-caliber" gun?
          Caution and worry never accomplished anything.

Comment

A gun that is in a smaller caliber than the original - a .22 kit on a .45.
            "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
            John Stuart Mill

Comment

My Chief just took one of these off of a guy. It looked exactly like a stainless Beretta 92. It had a magazine and the slide operated like the real thing. The guy also had a real Glock .45 caliber. They were both found during a search of the guy's car. If the guy had pulled either one, he'd probably be hurting.
              Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice. Barry Goldwater

Comment

The Glock 18 is the fully/select auto 9mm
                Happy to be here proud to serve

"Well it appears this lock does not accept american express."

Never trust fire fighters to point out a suspect.

Comment

Sub caliber means that it's not a full original caliber firearm.

For movies lets say they need a glock, I'll fabricate a "lightweight" slide, change the recoil spring and fit the gun with a special barrel "blank firing barrel". Typically we use 8mm blank (sub caliber) blanks and when fired with the setup, they will cycle the action.
                  In other instances if the gun is going to be pointed at someone or used in close proximity to a person, the gun will normally be a "dummy" or prop gun. On semi-autos pulling the trigger actually moves the slide back and forth. On the prop revolvers, the action works as a normal one would. Lastly in some instances we will build a CO2, CA or "gas gun" that uses either self contained propellant or line feed propellant to operate the action...more complicated but very effective if there are limitations on what guns are availible.

Unfortunately people can by these on the internet and in the US they are supposed to come with a big orange front end but a little paint and it looks like the real thing.

Originally posted by kirch
                  What exactly is a "sub-caliber" gun?
                  Last edited by CQBARMS; 09-19-2004, 10:21 PM.

Comment

There is the 18 and 18c and we actually make our own select fire glock but it is considered a "post 86 dealer sample" and is only availible to dealer with LE letters and LE/Military as an agency.

Originally posted by squad51
                    The Glock 18 is the fully/select auto 9mm
                    Last edited by CQBARMS; 09-19-2004, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Ive seen these too in magazines,and wondered how they get away with selling them "supposedly" they dont fire live ammo but I wouldnt want to be the guy who pointed a toy like that at me. Because mines real and Im not waiting to find out if yours is!! Also if some idiot started firing these blanks in the air Im sure most people would think its the real mcoy and its a sure fire way to get killed.
                      "If there must be trouble let it be in my day,that my child may have peace."
                      Thomas Paine

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4073 users online. 241 members and 3832 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X