300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .50 AE and other huge rounds

I was just wondering if anyone has fired the Desert Eagle w/ a .50 AE round? I suppose its not a good defensive weapon, so is it just to be used for sport hunting? Also has anyone fired a differet large caliber round? Thanks
    - GJD

50AE

The 50AE turns a pistol into a shelf piece. I have one. It is a LAR Grizzly 50AE. The recoil is managable the torque is what makes you hang on with both hands.

Stick with a 44MAG for power.

MJT

Feel free to inquire more about it if you wish.

Comment

I have fired one. It was not the recoil (managable), or the muzzle blast (Impressive), it was the sight of casings that looked to be the size of garbage cans coming out the ejection port that impressed me the most.
      "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
      John Stuart Mill

Comment

Is the S&W 500 magunm 50 caliber? What size is it?
        - GJD

Comment

I fired the .50 cal DE at a local range. Didn't like it. It was mostly the brass that ejected straight at my forehead that really turned me off of it.

The recoil was bad, no such thing as rapid fire with it, but not so bad that you couldn't recreation shoot with it. One or two magazines and my wrists were feeling it though.
          On the wings of a dove
          Let's roll for justice
          Let's roll for truth
          Let's not let our children grow up
          Fearful in their youth -- Neil Young

Comment

What size round is the new 500 magnum? Is it .50 cal?
            - GJD

Comment

Yep, it's a .50 caliber revolver from S & W. Check out the loads for it from Cor-bon. One is a 444gr (I think, I know it's in the 400's) with a muzzle velocity of over 1600fps. Ouch.
              I'd just like to thank all the stupid people out there...You helped pay for my kids' Christmas.

Comment

Damn thats got to be a huge recoil, eeh?
                - GJD

Comment

I'll let you know in a few weeks. Due to some work I do for S&W, they are giving me a 500 FREE OF CHARGE! Every time I think about chucking the day job and going into LE full-time, something like this reminds me why I keep slogging away at it. That, and the paycheck.
                  Caution and worry never accomplished anything.

Comment

What goes "BOOM, OW, BOOM, OW, BOOM, OW? Someone who's about to sell that overpriced S&W 500 he just bought. Keep your eyes on the used gun market for bargains.
                    Life is like a 3 ring circus and cops have a front row seat. It`s The Greatest Show On Earth.

Comment

A side note: What is the general price range for a pistol? Ammo?
                      - GJD

Comment

The .50 A&E

I had one of those big A&E's years ago and it was a big waste of moola..! Stay with the .44 magnums.
                        The Popo

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3502 users online. 200 members and 3302 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X