X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glock 37 - .45gap

Anybody played with one?
    Any intel?

Been over to Glock Talk but haven't seen anything real revealing. I'm interested in how it compares to the trusty .45acp and ballistic testing.

May be looking at a department that won't allow the Kimber. So looking at alternatives.
    "If there must be trouble, let it be in my day that my child may have peace"
    Thomas Paine

Nothing too exciting, it is smaller than the G21 but has a ten round magazine capacity LE or not(cannot fit anymore rounds within the design). The G30 holds ten in the magazine and would be a fine duty weapon too, also can use the 13 rounders that fit the G21. The idea you need a 4+ inch barrel for a duty weapon is questionable. The 45 GAP provides no improvement over the 45 ACP. The Glock rep. I know cannot quite understand why they came out with this one. It really is no improvement over the .40 S&W which makes sense b/c the 45 ACP if better than the .40 is questionable. It has been beaten to death, .357 Sig, 9mm, .40 S&W, .45 ACP all popular police caliber weapons with superior ammo will do the job just fine if you do your job. Shot placement and lots of hits on the target!!!
    Have shot the G37 and it seems to be similar to the G22 in felt recoil maybe just a tad less muzzle flip.
    Trooperden, akman75, & azmichelle ignored

Comment

There's an article / review in the Feb issue of Guns & Weapons For Law Enforcement. Overall, it seems kind of pointless (doesn't really offer anything over the 45ACP, so what's the point?). According to the article, the performance of the two rounds is nearly identical, the only real difference being that the 45 Glock round is shorter (.76 inch for the 45 Glock, .89 inches for the 45ACP). This is only a 3mm difference, so I really can't see that it would be that helpful, unless you had very small hands to begin with.

Overall, I think that the similar ballistics and the greater availability of the 45ACP cartridge will probably mean it goes the way of the 10mm, but you never know. Glock shooters tend to be very loyal, and they might make up enough of a market to keep it around.
      Sometimes I look at a person, and I just think, 'That person, right there, is the lowest common denominator.'

Comment

Personally,I think they would have done better to make a full size single stack 45acp. But then again,that's just me.
        If you stare into the abyss long enough,sometimes it stares back.

Comment

J.D,
          That's exactly what I'm thinking.
          I read an article that Chuck Taylor badgered them about making a 45 size caliber pistol in a .40 cal package.
          Who cares what Chuck Taylor wants.
          He's not a cop and walking the streets. Yeah, I know he's got experience and all but he does things a bit differantly.

A single stack full size Glock, would have been the way to go. It should have been obvious. I'd hate to think that this all came about because of C.T. If it did, then he is in another world and just isn't in touch with what shooters need. This is not a rant against C.T. but Glock would have been better served doing something that would appeal to the already established .45 crowd than inventing another pistol round. Like we ain't already got enough that covers
          the whole gammit.

I'm going to make some inquires about a pistol of this nature on the Glock boards. I'll let you all know.
          "If there must be trouble, let it be in my day that my child may have peace"
          Thomas Paine

Comment

You can spend all day at the range and your tactics can still suck. I've seen many fabulous qualification shooters go straight in the tank during simunition training or FATS.
            Trooperden, akman75, & azmichelle ignored

Comment

Agreed. The shooting portion of a use of force problem is usually the smallest part of the problem, compared to threat recognition, risk avoidance, application of department policies, etc. etc.
              "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
              John Stuart Mill

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2669 users online. 141 members and 2528 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X