300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eye dominance change

Anyone ever deal with this? I am a lefty who was left eye dominant, who at some point has become right eye dominant. Very strange but a little research shows that it is not uncommon.

Originally posted by hawaiitexas View Post
    Anyone ever deal with this? I am a lefty who was left eye dominant, who at some point has become right eye dominant. Very strange but a little research shows that it is not uncommon.
    I've never heard of that....didn't even know it was possible.

Its not a huge deal with pistols....remember that you have to aim with the same eye as the shoulder that the weapon is mounted on

geeeeezzz.....that should have said 'remember that with rifles and shotguns ect, you have to aim with the same eye blah blah
    Last edited by LA DEP; 06-19-2016, 12:25 AM.
    The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

..continue evolving until you're also right handed?

Sorry, got nothing.
      I miss you, Dave.
      http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

I'm a lefty who is left eye dominant. Although if I became right dominant I'd be fine because I'm highly ambidextrous

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
          ....remember that you have to aim with the same eye as the shoulder that the weapon is mounted on
          Unless you can afford custom gunsmithing...

EVANSXOVERSTOCK-1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Seventy2002 View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15310[/ATTACH]
            I haven't seen a cripple stock in a loooong time. Probably a "differently abled stock" or "special in its own way stock" today...
            I miss you, Dave.

Comment

Why yes, now that you mention it I did have the same problem:

Last edited by IAM Rand; 06-27-2016, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Kind of like if you keep playing with it you'll go blind?
                In Valor there is hope

Comment

Shouldn't matter what the dominant eye is as long as you use the eye on the same side of the hand you are using to shoot. I shoot pistols right hand and long guns left hand but could use either easily.
                  Where'd you learn that, Cheech? Drug school?

Comment

Originally posted by Seventy2002 View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15310[/ATTACH]
                    Thats....thats the first time I have seen something like that
                    REINSTATE THE TRIG
                    Originally posted by Iowa #1603
                    Your logic defies logic
                    Originally posted by Rudy8116
                    Blah blah blah, cops don't need camo, something something something, why do police need armored vehicles, angry rant angry rant angry rant let's take them all away, angry masturbation.
                    Originally posted by Michigan
                    Arresting someone is fun, but playing with my pecker is still more fun.
                    Originally posted by TheTick
                    A pallet of Cheetos and pictures of my cock are inbound.
                    Originally posted by TheTick
                    This gangsta *** mother ****er was twisting trees with dank nuggs while in his crib.
                    Originally posted by 02paul09
                    Being a cop these days in an officer safety issue

Comment

I am left eye dominant and right handed. I carry my weapon on right side. I realize this is contrary to what others have advised here, but it works for me. I qualify in high 90's both day and night. I use primarily the isosceles stance, but it may have a tiny bit of weaver in it with how I hold my left arm.

I have friend who his right handed, but carries his firearm on his left side because he can't close only his left eye, but he can his right eye. That just sounds screwed up to me, but it works for him.

Comment

Originally posted by BiteThePullet View Post
                        Thats....thats the first time I have seen something like that
                        Due to expense and the limited market, they were never what you'd call plentiful. I don't know that anyone still makes them, and the last ad I can recall for a custom maker was in a gun digest from the mid '70s.
                        I miss you, Dave.

Comment

Originally posted by DeaconSteve View Post

I have friend who his right handed, but carries his firearm on his left side because he can't close only his left eye, but he can his right eye. That just sounds screwed up to me, but it works for him.
                          Somewhat like me
                          Left handed...............right eye dominate.....and can't close my right eye independently, but can my left eye.

I carry right handed and have for 40 yrs------------

It always screws up a Defensive tactics instructor when I square off with strong hand back/gun side front & have the gun "facing" the aggressor................... But I do ok there too................& have for 40 yrs
                          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

I can't close my left eye but shoot a pistol right handed and a rifle left handed.
                            They Don’t Think It Be Like It Is, But It Do.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9546 users online. 354 members and 9192 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X