300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tmg View Post
    Great point. How do you riffling in a square barrel?
    Maybe with an epitorchoidal round, along with an appropriately matched land and groove helix, you could get some rotation ...

Comment

Sounds like yet another 'solution in search of a problem'
      The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

The new round will be less useful than breast milk from Bruce Jenner!
        Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

If I can hit a steel torso from 80ft with my glock, I want to be able to hit a steel torso from 80ft with your round. Less than that is unacceptable, and below par.

To seriously consider a smoothbore for CCW or self-defence is asinine, and the velocity you would have to be pushing would break your wrist and throw the gun out of your hand.
          REINSTATE THE TRIG
          Originally posted by Iowa #1603
          Your logic defies logic
          Originally posted by Rudy8116
          Blah blah blah, cops don't need camo, something something something, why do police need armored vehicles, angry rant angry rant angry rant let's take them all away, angry masturbation.
          Originally posted by Michigan
          Arresting someone is fun, but playing with my pecker is still more fun.
          Originally posted by TheTick
          A pallet of Cheetos and pictures of my cock are inbound.
          Originally posted by TheTick
          This gangsta *** mother ****er was twisting trees with dank nuggs while in his crib.
          Originally posted by 02paul09
          Being a cop these days in an officer safety issue

Comment

This does not even deserve a comment its so ridiculous for so many reasons.

Comment

It's been a year, haven't heard anything about this round.
              Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

Hi Trig,

Originally posted by The Trigger

Officer CCCSD, unless said projectile is over 0.50 calibers of dia, (less BP arms) it would be of no concern to A.T.F.E., last I read or heard, Sire.
                If the max cylindrical part were .357, you'd have .505 at the square base diagonal, and the feds would probably get involved. A square bullet base even 1mm thick would still present a rifling obstacle even if most of the round were cylindrical, and a mostly cylindrical round would mostly negate the purported advantages. As the electro-tachyonically-enhanced advanced brain in your Equus caballus Triggerus cranium can easily impute, it's a bone-headed idea.

Regards,

Monty

Comment

The H&K round had a square of propellant behind a round bullet. The two major problems?
                  1. when you extract the case, you remove a large amount of heat. So heat buildup was a problem.
                  2. There was no way to extract an unfired round from the chamber, other than firing it.

Go research the Dardik 'Tround'- triangular cases with standard bullets.
                  "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
                  John Stuart Mill

Comment

Originally posted by CubiCarry View Post
                    get your input on an exciting new concept
                    I know this is an old thread but I'm curious, exactly "who" is excited about this new concept?

Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by L-1 View Post

I know this is an old thread but I'm curious, exactly "who" is excited about this new concept?
                      Personal injury attorneys?

Comment

Nobody. No one. Ever.
                        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

I’m not sure who is excited, but I can tell you who is not.
                          I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

Originally posted by HI629 View Post
                            It's been a year, haven't heard anything about this round.
                            I see what you did there.

Comment

I guess the OP never looked up the Tround, by Dardick. A triangular plastic case with a round bullet. A flop.

They also need to consider the massive stress risers caused by the square corners of the case - do some pressure studies, and the math will prove the negative aspects of your idea.

Next!
                              "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
                              John Stuart Mill

Comment

I for one am very excited. Please OP continue with this re-invention of the wheel no matter what ththe financial cost.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11372 users online. 459 members and 10913 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X