300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AR sight

Looking for a sight for my AR but can't afford an aim point or eotech unless someone knows someone looking to upgrade and sell a used one. There any others that are pretty descent that are cheaper?

Thanks

'I demand the best'
    Aimpoint T2 Micro on a Larue mount
    ~$750
    http://www.laruetactical.com/aimpoint-micro-t-2

'I won't compromise on durability'
    Aimpoint PRO
    ~$400
    http://www.lapolicegear.com/aim-12841-pro-optic.html

'I need an entry level red dot that is functional and durable'
    Primary Arms Advanced Micro Dot (the poor man's Aimpoint Micro)
    $170
    https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary_...s_p/md-ads.htm

Comment

I have heard good things about vortex optics sights. I have a magnifier from them and like it but I use an Eotech.
      Where'd you learn that, Cheech? Drug school?

Comment

If you're running this for duty, save your cash until you can afford a decent optic. If this is a toy, then go with a cheapo. The Bushnell aimpoint clone is a pretty decent cheapo for the money. I have one on my AK and it has proven to be very durable.

Comment

Our range staff tested a lot of sights at various price points, and the cheapest one to pass was the Bushnell TRS-25. You can find them for under $100 online if you sniff around.
          I miss you, Dave.
          http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

If you want a red-dot, you can get them pretty cheap off Amazon or at a local gun store. I have this on a .22, and it has done its job just fine. I should note however, I would NOT trust my life to it, and if it was a duty weapon, I would go aimpoint

However, I would go with a Bushnell AR optic (specifically....http://www.bushnell.com/tactical/rif...ics/2-12x-40mm). It may just be me, but I would also run a magnified optic as a primary, then a low profile red dot at an angle.
            REINSTATE THE TRIG
            Originally posted by Iowa #1603
            Your logic defies logic
            Originally posted by Rudy8116
            Blah blah blah, cops don't need camo, something something something, why do police need armored vehicles, angry rant angry rant angry rant let's take them all away, angry masturbation.
            Originally posted by Michigan
            Arresting someone is fun, but playing with my pecker is still more fun.
            Originally posted by TheTick
            A pallet of Cheetos and pictures of my cock are inbound.
            This gangsta *** mother ****er was twisting trees with dank nuggs while in his crib.
            Originally posted by 02paul09
            Being a cop these days in an officer safety issue

Comment

Iron sights. Never fails, works ALL the time. No batteries required.
              Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

+1 on Vortex Optics. I have been running the Viper PST 1-4 for a while now. The quality is definitely better than the price might lead you to believe. It rode around in the patrol car for several months and got banged a couple of times, always held zero. A former co-worker has the Sparc 2 and he has had good success with it as well.

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                  Iron sights. Never fails, works ALL the time. No batteries required.
                  Yep, stay with irons until you can afford the $385 for an aimpoint.
                  In Valor there is hope

Comment

^^^^ +1,000

I personally believe that Aimpoint is king
                    You'd be hard pressed to find any proof otherwise
                    In Valor there is hope

Comment

Would anyone ever put a scope and red dot on an AT?

Comment

I ment to write AR ?

Comment

Originally posted by Navillus72 View Post
                          Would anyone ever put a scope and red dot on an AT?
                          I would get an ACOG if I had the money. I don't remember it's magnification but it is more than my Lucid with no magnification. I seem to remember a smaller red dot sight can be attached above it. I don't have time to look it up right now.

Comment

I would have no problem putting a quality 1-4x/5x/6x scope on a patrol rifle. The key would be to have a true 1x, and daylight visible illumination. Those two things together don't come cheap, and you can expect to pay $900+ for something in that realm. You can get a true 1x OR daylight visible illumination for around $500, but you won't get both. The thing to consider is that riflescope technology and development is far more expensive than an RDS. Whereas $400 for an RDS would get you everything you need (AIMPOINT), $400 for a duty-oriented riflescope is bottom of the barrel. A key factor to riflescopes over RDS is that riflescopes are heavily affected by glass quality, glass coatings and magnification erector design.

I've seen people online laud the qualities of optics like the Millet DMS or Leatherwood/Hilux CMR, but having looked through those optics in person, the optical quality is crap, they're not daylight visible in broad daylight against a light background (God forbid a hoodrat were to wear an oversized white t-shirt...), and the "true 1x" is actually something like 1.1x-1.25x. I give Leupold a lot of credit for changing their magnification descriptions from "1-__" to "1.25-__" or "1.5-__". They at least give a realistic number and admit that they can't make a true 1x on their lower end scopes. The Mark6 and VX-6 are the first scopes in Leupold's lineup to be true-1x, and if you look through one of them or a Vortex Razor HD GenII 1-6x, you will see the difference between the lower end "1x" and what a true 1x looks like.

If I were need a patrol rifle scope for under $500, the only scope I would look at would be the Leupold VX-R Patrol 1.25-4x. The Fed/Mil/LE pricing program should have them under $500 still. I only have the 2013 pricing guidelines, which has it at $443. It's not a true 1x (doesn't claim to be), but the glass is clear and bright, and the FireDot illumination is incredibly bright and visible in any lighting condition, to include direct sunlight on light backgrounds. Short of that, you're going to start spending some money.
                            Last edited by Reedo; 02-23-2015, 12:02 PM.
                            "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
                            -John Adams

Disclaimer: My statements are personal opinions, and in no way reflect those of my agency.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6541 users online. 376 members and 6165 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X