300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sig 320

Anybody had a chance to shoot one yet? Seems like a very promising platform and reminds me a lot of a 226 in SA. Mine is a tack driver and I love the ability to switch frames out. Supposedly our PD is approving them soon, when they do I'll be ditching my m&p as fast as humanly possible
    In Valor there is hope

We're switching from privately owned sidearms to an issued SIG P320 in 9mm.

My understanding is that the department will supply the full size frame, and deputies can buy compact frames for off duty use.

I currently carry a P226 in 9mm, so I'm used to a DA/SA trigger pull. That will probably be the biggest change for me.

I'll be taking the transition class on 2/10.... I'll let you know.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

I have my eye on the 320. I am giving it a little time to see how they hold up though.

Comment

I dry fired one, but there isn't one in the local rental case yet so I haven't actually fired one. The trigger seemed better than Glock but not as good as the PPQ.

It's an interesting pistol, but I'll be sticking with my P220.
        I miss you, Dave.
        http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

Originally posted by tanksoldier View Post
          We're switching from privately owned sidearms to an issued SIG P320 in 9mm.

My understanding is that the department will supply the full size frame, and deputies can buy compact frames for off duty use.

I currently carry a P226 in 9mm, so I'm used to a DA/SA trigger pull. That will probably be the biggest change for me.

I'll be taking the transition class on 2/10.... I'll let you know.
          I think you'll like it a lot, it fees very similar to a 226 weight and grip wise. The trigger pull feels very similar to the SA pull. I think it's pretty cool that you can use a compact frame with the full size slide. Takes less than a minute to swap the frames. Keep me updated, thanks!
          In Valor there is hope

Comment

Originally posted by CruiserClass View Post
            I dry fired one, but there isn't one in the local rental case yet so I haven't actually fired one. The trigger seemed better than Glock but not as good as the PPQ.

It's an interesting pistol, but I'll be sticking with my P220.
            Trust me, if I could still carry a 226 I would. Hard to beat the P series
            In Valor there is hope

Comment

I played with the 320's for quite awhile at SHOT show. I like it, but I'm waiting until it's released in .45 before giving it a ride and deciding if I might want one. Right now I carry a 227 that I absolutely love, and I'm not sure I'd ever give it up.

Comment

It feels like a solid gun. Now, it may just be a stick in the mud attitude on my part, but I don't like the fact that it does not have an external trigger safety, and the fact that the only other option is one with a thumb safety, which I also don't like (I don't like thumb safeties on anything except single action guns). If they could go ahead and make that one with the trigger safety they've apparently been kicking around and make that one standard, I'd probably be a bit more receptive of the 320. I think they're on the right track though.
                "If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
                -Chris Rock

Comment

If they could go ahead and make that one with the trigger safety
                  You mean like a Glock?

What's the point of a safety that is pulled when the trigger is pulled... when the whole point of a safety is to prevent the trigger being pulled by accident?

Anything that would accidentally pull the trigger, like a shirttail caught in the trigger guard while holstering, is going to deactivate the trigger safety anyway.

Pointless.
                  "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Originally posted by tanksoldier View Post
                    You mean like a Glock?

What's the point of a safety that is pulled when the trigger is pulled... when the whole point of a safety is to prevent the trigger being pulled by accident?

Anything that would accidentally pull the trigger, like a shirttail caught in the trigger guard while holstering, is going to deactivate the trigger safety anyway.

Pointless.
                    I guess for me I like having that extra peace of mind, albeit a small one. I admit, I'm probably being hypocritical here, as I advise people all day that Glocks, XDs, M&Ps, etc. are perfectly safe as long as you practice proper trigger discipline (and boy does it scare me when they reply that they want a gun that's "safe" even if they don't practice trigger discipline ). I'm sure the P320 is perfectly safe; there's too much scrutiny on the gun industry for them to knowingly release something unsafe. I just like that extra trigger safety tab personally.
                    "If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
                    -Chris Rock

Comment

Originally posted by GangGreen712 View Post
                      I guess for me I like having that extra peace of mind, albeit a small one. I admit, I'm probably being hypocritical here, as I advise people all day that Glocks, XDs, M&Ps, etc. are perfectly safe as long as you practice proper trigger discipline (and boy does it scare me when they reply that they want a gun that's "safe" even if they don't practice trigger discipline ). I'm sure the P320 is perfectly safe; there's too much scrutiny on the gun industry for them to knowingly release something unsafe. I just like that extra trigger safety tab personally.
                      You can order them with the tabbed trigger. Otherwise it has the same safeties as Glock.. Disconnect, drop etc.. It's actually more safe from a takedown standpoint. You don't have to pull the trigger to take the slide off, you can't even turn the takedown lever with a mag in.
                      In Valor there is hope

Comment

The P320 sure seems like an interesting gun. Sig came to our department and offered to outfit the whole agency with the P320 and a holster (taking our issued Glocks in trade). It ultimately got squashed somewhere at the upper command level. I'd like to shoot it.

I wish HK would come and offer to outfit us with VP9s.
                        Anything worth shooting is worth shooting 3 or 4 times.

M-11

Comment

Just got the frame stippled and added a set of Trijicon HD's. Still waiting for it to be approved.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425146058.135348.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1425146065.601910.jpg
                          In Valor there is hope

Comment

Supposedly my agency is talking about switching. Even if we do, I will probably stick with my G22/G27 combo. It works plenty well, for me.

Plus, I own my duty weapon. I don't want to mess with an issued gun if I dont have to.

Comment

Originally posted by kermit315 View Post
                              Supposedly my agency is talking about switching. Even if we do, I will probably stick with my G22/G27 combo. It works plenty well, for me.

Plus, I own my duty weapon. I don't want to mess with an issued gun if I dont have to.
                              I hear ya. Mine is personally owned as well, I bought the compact frame so I can swap back and forth.
                              In Valor there is hope

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5746 users online. 337 members and 5409 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X