Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AR-15 Left handed Shooter

Hey guys,

I did some searching, but didn't find what I wanted using that so I'm going to ask a pointed question. I want to add a single point sling and mount to my AR-15. My dept is going to but the parts I need. I'm looking for a good single point with Bungee (would be open to the Magpul MS series too). Also looking for hardware to mount to the base of the stock.

Thanks!

Any help? I'd take recommendations for single point or reviews on the magpul??

Comment

I think the last single point sling I bought was a voodoo tactical and never had any problems other than I thought it was a little longer than I preferred. As far as the the sling mount I used an ambi one that has the hole on both left and right (don't remember the brand). I shoot long guns left handed so I liked this better than a rear mount. I seriously doubt unless your using it non stop daily you will have quality issues but just find a brand with good reviews and give it a shot.
      Where'd you learn that, Cheech? Drug school?

Comment

Ok. Any benefit to bungee vs non? I just would like to buy once not buy 50 lol

Comment

Its all on preference. I did like it when I would throw on my external tac vest then the rifle. Even with the added layer I didn't adjust the sling. But you could go without a bungee or even make your own. I knew an officer that used his own homemade one for years using a bungee strap and a clasp you can buy at home depot and it worked great for him.

If you don't want to gamble on a purchase then keep asking around and check other peoples slings out on you to find one.
          Where'd you learn that, Cheech? Drug school?

Comment

I prefer a 2-point sling (as does my department). If you are dead set on a single, though, this is about as good as it gets: https://www.blueforcegear.com/udc-pa...int-sling.html
            Anything worth shooting is worth shooting 3 or 4 times.

M-11

Comment

I prefer single point, bungee, when I am taking a class or on the range. Given that doing these activities I do not need to perform the duties that an average patrol deputy would, it is my preferred type of sling. However, I can very well see why an Officer/dept. would want a double point, as it is much stronger in several areas crucial for LE.

Just a civvies .02
              REINSTATE THE TRIG
              Originally posted by Iowa #1603
              Your logic defies logic
              Originally posted by Rudy8116
              Blah blah blah, cops don't need camo, something something something, why do police need armored vehicles, angry rant angry rant angry rant let's take them all away, angry masturbation.
              Originally posted by Michigan
              Arresting someone is fun, but playing with my pecker is still more fun.
              Originally posted by TheTick
              A pallet of Cheetos and pictures of my cock are inbound.
              This gangsta *** mother ****er was twisting trees with dank nuggs while in his crib.
              Originally posted by 02paul09
              Being a cop these days in an officer safety issue

Comment

Originally posted by 5031OKC View Post
                I prefer a 2-point sling (as does my department). If you are dead set on a single, though, this is about as good as it gets: https://www.blueforcegear.com/udc-pa...int-sling.html
                I just like the option to sling it quick. I've toyed with the idea of the 5.11 one that goes from single to double in case I want to transition, but for go fast, I feel like singles the fastest on, and the easiest transition to handgun. Double may be better when then making the final transition to cuffing.

Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Rocket1487 View Post
                  I just like the option to sling it quick. I've toyed with the idea of the 5.11 one that goes from single to double in case I want to transition, but for go fast, I feel like singles the fastest on, and the easiest transition to handgun. Double may be better when then making the final transition to cuffing.

Thoughts?
                  You are correct in that single is faster. Cuffing wouldn't be an issue as you could (with single) slide the weapon the to the 5 o'clock position almost, or damn near close. The issue is with movement - if you have to move quickly, your rifle is going to be unsecured and dangling. Double is slower, but negates this issue.
                  REINSTATE THE TRIG
                  Originally posted by Iowa #1603
                  Your logic defies logic
                  Originally posted by Rudy8116
                  Blah blah blah, cops don't need camo, something something something, why do police need armored vehicles, angry rant angry rant angry rant let's take them all away, angry masturbation.
                  Originally posted by Michigan
                  Arresting someone is fun, but playing with my pecker is still more fun.
                  A pallet of Cheetos and pictures of my cock are inbound.
                  This gangsta *** mother ****er was twisting trees with dank nuggs while in his crib.
                  Originally posted by 02paul09
                  Being a cop these days in an officer safety issue

Comment

I am a big fan of the Magpul slings for single point configuration. I'm not a big fan of single-point slings in general. The benefit to the Magpul MS3 and M4 slings is that they can be individually configured to single point or two point to meet the user desires and needs.
                    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
                    -John Adams

Disclaimer: My statements are personal opinions, and in no way reflect those of my agency.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5188 users online. 284 members and 4904 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X