300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Ride Adapter for Safariland 6360

I'm considering buying the 6072 "High Ride" adapter for my 6360. I carry a Glock 35 (i.e. long) w/ TLR-1 light in it with the stock "mid ride" belt loop on it. Right now I have to push the holster off the edge of the Tahoe seat because it protrudes below my butt. It's quite hard to ride in my personal vehicle as it has the leather bucket seats with more apparent bolsters and there's no space between the console and my seat to stick the bottom holster (FWIW I had the same issue with my much shorter S&W 4046 holster). I have to hike my belt way up before getting in and then deal with the upward pressure on the holster. Fortunately I never go far in uniform in my POV.

I've not found much information on the 6072. I've seen a couple of people say they use it and it's fine but a few more have said it raises it way too much. Nobody mentioned their height. I'm 6'2" so I have plenty of length so even if the holster is quite high it will still be further from my armpit than a shorter person. But then again I have proportionally longer arms so I'lll have to fit said arm between my shoulder and the grip of the gun to draw.

Looking at the pictures it does look like it raises the holster quite a bit.
    23-2475.jpg
    513V9HpaI4L._SY450_.jpg

I would just buy it but with shipping everywhere that I've found it works out to about $27. I'd hate to buy it and not like it, especially after spending $100 on the holster already. The local place doesn't have them.

Does anybody run a 6360 with the high ride UBL? Do you like it?
    Last edited by T-Bone 111; 07-25-2016, 12:21 AM.

I have very long arms and I had issues with my G22 w/ TLR-1 snagging when drawing from a standard ride 6360. I use the 1.5" drop ubl and just push it up when I sit in my crown vic. The relatively minor discomfort I have while seated is far outweighed by actually being able to get my gun out. I did have a high ride on my als only holster when I worked soft clothes and deffinately had hang up issues.

Comment

Originally posted by T-Bone 111 View Post
      Does anybody run a 6360 with the high ride UBL? Do you like it?
      I do. And I love it. I'm 5'10" though, so I can't say if you'd have an issue with awkward drawing. For me, I like being able to cover the butt of my gun with my elbow while in the interview stance -- which I couldn't do with the original mount. Maybe because I don't have long arms?

Regardless, it's also more comfortable in the cruiser.
      All Gave Some - Some Gave All

Comment

Hmm... 1 vote for, 1 against. I definitely don't want to go lower. It draws fine at the mid ride height.

My off duty holster rides quite high with my g27. The butt is at my elbow and I do like it at that height. I have no active retention to deal with on that holster though so my draw can be less than perfectly vertical.

Maybe I'll disassemble my existing belt loop from the holster and see if I can rig it at the 6072 height before dropping $27 on one.

Comment

If you're accustomed to any type of OWB concealment holster (Bravo Concealment, Raven Concealment, etc.), you'll have no issue drawing from the Safariland high ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Resq14 View Post
            I do. And I love it. I'm 5'10" though, so I can't say if you'd have an issue with awkward drawing. For me, I like being able to cover the butt of my gun with my elbow while in the interview stance -- which I couldn't do with the original mount. Maybe because I don't have long arms?

Regardless, it's also more comfortable in the cruiser.
            Thanks for that info. I may try it. I am the same height and really wanted to be able to "index" the butt of my gun with my elbow but with the mid rise 6360 it just isn't comfortable or natural. I really thought releasing the hood would awkward with a high rise being that you already have to lift up a bit to come straight down on it with your thumb, but maybe I'll try it out.

Comment

Get it and post pics with a short review. Looking at getting one too.

Comment

Man, I'm 6'1 (though my arms are too long for my height), and I couldn't even begin to imagine drawing from a higher holster.

Comment

All Gave Some - Some Gave All

Comment

Originally posted by AppState View Post
                    Man, I'm 6'1 (though my arms are too long for my height), and I couldn't even begin to imagine drawing from a higher holster.
                    +1 for the monkey arms. I've seen guy wear rock out holsters REAL high looking like they were starting a sprint when they draw with their whole body arched forward and their elbow/shoulder all the way back. I could see that working with a rock out, but not when you have to lift straight out like the 6360.

Try out the high rise, if it doesn't work you could always wear your pants/duty belt like this to convert it to a drop leg
                    Last edited by Kris396; 02-04-2015, 12:16 PM.

Comment

After seeing this thread I bought the UBL high rise adapter. I tried it for one set. I had to remove the chop block for the hood to work. Otherwise it was rubbing on the block.

The good: I could draw seated in the car much quicker. It doesn't have the seatbelt buckle rubbing on it all the time.

The bad: It slowed my draw time in any other position and the jacket I wear above my duty belt interfered with it.
                      Last edited by flhtbill; 02-05-2015, 07:59 PM.
                      Obedience to Law is Liberty.

Comment

Thanks. Good info. I think I'm sticking with the mid ride. As a reserve I only really drive the old crown victorias (or the boats. My primary unit is flotilla) and there's space for the holster to go between the console and the seat. It works fine in the passenger seat of the tahoes too.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4368 users online. 247 members and 4121 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X