300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Springfield XD-S .45 ACP

Has anyone purchased or used the Springfield XD-S .45? What are your thoughts on it? I was originally going to purchase it, but ended up going with a S&W M&P Shield .40 (which is a great gun, for the record).

I've shot the xd in 45 before and liked it a lot. It was a friend's gun and I don't own one. I've never used a m&p in any caliber so I can't compare them. I carry a glock 21 (.45) at work and prefer it over the xd. That has more to do with the fact that I learned to shoot on a glock and so its what I'm comfortable with.

Comment

Grip safety = no go
      In Valor there is hope

Comment

Originally posted by TheTick
        I love mine, but I've coveted the Shield 9mm since its release and am looking to sell my XDs .45 to get the Shield 9mm now that they are more available.

What were your reasons for buying the Shield in .40?
        The XD-S was a bit more expensive than the Shield at the time and there were fewer of them available to purchase, so I ended up going with the Shield instead. I do love my shield and it's an awesome gun, but I'd like to pick up the XD-S as well.

Comment

Several guys in my office carry the XD-S .45, and my sister has the XD-S 9mm. Everyone I know that carries an XD-S likes the gun. I personally would take the 9mm over the .45 in a compact like this for the increased capacity.

I personally carry a Shield 9mm, and for the difference in cost I'm not sure I could justify an XD-S for anything but personal preference, especially now that the Shield is available without the thumb safety.
          "A fanatic is one who won't change his mind, and won't change the subject." -Winston Churchill

"I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts." -Will Rogers

"To desire to save these wolves in society may arise from benevolence, but it must be the benevolence of a child or a fool" -Henry Fielding

Comment

Originally posted by TheTick
            Let me rephrase: Why a Shield .40 instead of 9mm?
            Whoops. I misread your initial question. Honestly I just liked the idea of having a larger caliber at the time. When I look at it now, the caliber doesn't mean as much to me; whether it's a 9mm, a .40, or a .45, they'll all do the job perfectly fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Bighead View Post
              Several guys in my office carry the XD-S .45, and my sister has the XD-S 9mm. Everyone I know that carries an XD-S likes the gun. I personally would take the 9mm over the .45 in a compact like this for the increased capacity.

I personally carry a Shield 9mm, and for the difference in cost I'm not sure I could justify an XD-S for anything but personal preference, especially now that the Shield is available without the thumb safety.
              Were there any problems with the thumb safety on the Shield? I've never had issues with it.

Comment

Originally posted by HappyP View Post
                Were there any problems with the thumb safety on the Shield? I've never had issues with it.
                It has been known to engage by itself.

Comment

I carry a Springfield XDm for my duty gun and absolutely love it. I have owned several different makes of guns and the Springfield is my favorite.

I wanted to buy a XDs for my backup due to the fact I love my XDm. However I could not justify the cost. I ended up with a Shield 9mm no thumb safety. I have been pretty impressed with the shield. It is a good little shooter. I have never shot the XDs so I cant compare it to the shield, but I have owned a Glock 27 and a Ruger LCP and the Shield shoots so much better than those two. The LCP is a straight up POS.

Personally I would not carry a micro 45. IMO a 9mm is the best option for the class of firearm you are looking at. Load it up with quality rounds like Golddots and it will perform just as well as the 45 with less recoil and the ability to carry extra rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by HappyP View Post
                    I've never had any issues with the thumb safety on mine. It is very positive on/off. I've never had it engage itself, but I do make an attempt to disengage it part of my draw just in case. I'm probably going to sell it and purchase a new one without the thumb safety since I don't use the safety.
                    "A fanatic is one who won't change his mind, and won't change the subject." -Winston Churchill

"I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts." -Will Rogers

"To desire to save these wolves in society may arise from benevolence, but it must be the benevolence of a child or a fool" -Henry Fielding

Comment

Same as Bighead. Never turn my safety on but always draw like it was flipped up on its on, though that has never happened in the year I've been carrying mine (both on and off duty).
                      Originally posted by Ceridwen
                      Just one would be stingy of me, I'd have to get two. For the children.

Comment

Love my no-safety Shield in 9!
                        All Gave Some - Some Gave All

Comment

I've been carrying the XDS-9 concealed for a while now, and it's pretty legit. 7+1 capacity for the size with the standard magazine is pretty good, but what counts is putting those rounds on target. It's easier than expected with the XDS, and the recoil is very manageable even with no room for the pinky finger on the grip (it shoots almost laser accurate). My question is whether or not to use the G2 RIP ammo in it. That ammo is NASTY on ballistic gel and whatnot.
                          US Army Veteran
                          The opinions expressed above are not those of any official capacity or agency. Fix yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by darkhorse6 View Post
                            My question is whether or not to use the G2 RIP ammo in it. That ammo is NASTY on ballistic gel and whatnot.
                            Please tell me that was a joke...

Comment

Originally posted by Tmg View Post
                              Please tell me that was a joke...
                              Only to blow up a watermelon or water jugs at the range... not for carry ammo

Maybe some tannerite spread out to make a big boom...
                              US Army Veteran
                              The opinions expressed above are not those of any official capacity or agency. Fix yourself.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2652 users online. 147 members and 2505 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X