300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackhawk Epoch holster

A month ago I switched from the Serpa level 3 to the Blackhawk Epoch holster. So far I am impressed. At first the holster was extremely tight but has loosened up. There is a tension screw for passive level one tension, which works as I didn't have the gun all the way in and was still held in the holster. The thumb break pushes down instead of towards the gun like the Serpa's. The thumb break if you press once without pulling on the gun will just flip the hood up. If you press your thumb and pull on the grip the gun will be released from the holster. There is no finger release in the trigger. I have smaller hands so people with small hands might have issues pressing the thumb all the way for proper release of the gun. The holster accommodates other duty pistol lights like the TLR1 and Surefires. I already had the mid-ride holster setup instead of the longer one that comes with the holster. The holster tends to no bind with the shorter belt ride.

I carried the Serpa holster for 5 years without an issue between a Glock 22 and an M&P (which I currently carry). I had the most current version of the xiphos light from Blackhawk and was pleased with the output and spread of the light. I tried it against a normal tlr1 and my coworker and I both liked the spread of the xiphos better. I purchased a tlr1-hl to use with the holster. The added light is nice but I do not feel I have really gained anything. I liked the paddles on the xiphos better than the toggle up down on the tlr but I will get used to it.

I bought the holster/light basically because I am lazy at times and wanted to not have to take off my light everyday when I go home from work and then again put it on. Blackhawk offers a paddle option for the Glocks but not the M&P's. Also I like new things

Link to the holster http://www.blackhawk.com/Products/Ho...y-Holster.aspx

Edit: This should have been in the duty gear forum.
    Last edited by rrich1; 12-28-2014, 04:15 AM.

I will stick with my als.

Comment

Good review, but still leery of Blackhawk holsters.
      Originally posted by Ceridwen
      Just one would be stingy of me, I'd have to get two. For the children.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmg View Post
        I will stick with my als.
        +1

Comment

Originally posted by dontknowwhy View Post
          Good review, but still leery of Blackhawk holsters.
          For good reason!
          In Valor there is hope

Comment

I had a Blackchicken! Sherpa Lvl 3 back in the day with a Xyphos light. I went through 3 lights in less than a year because they kept on taking a shlt. Another guy on my agency broke one also. Holster locked twice, so it went bye-bye.
            The light itself was the previous 90 lumen model, but even at the current 180lumen model you should see a major advantage to the 600 lumen TLR-1HL. If you feel you didn't gain anything by tripling your light output, you have some issues you need to train on.
            "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
            -John Adams

Disclaimer: My statements are personal opinions, and in no way reflect those of my agency.

Comment

Wish they mad it for my duty gun. I have 2 serpa cqc for off duty and such had serpa level 2 for old duty gun have level 3 now. Our issued safarlland bail type suck. At the academy I took peoples guns in training all day and I am no ninja but they do not have the guard as some have added. A fellow officer using the bail type was on a stop wearing outer carrier dropped the driver DL bent over to pick it up the bail disengaged and his gun fell the F out rear sight got knocked off. Not here to debate holsters but sticking with mine 4 years no issues. we are also very limited in what we can carry.

Comment

Originally posted by AJLEO View Post
                Wish they mad it for my duty gun. I have 2 serpa cqc for off duty and such had serpa level 2 for old duty gun have level 3 now. Our issued safarlland bail type suck. At the academy I took peoples guns in training all day and I am no ninja but they do not have the guard as some have added. A fellow officer using the bail type was on a stop wearing outer carrier dropped the driver DL bent over to pick it up the bail disengaged and his gun fell the F out rear sight got knocked off. Not here to debate holsters but sticking with mine 4 years no issues. we are also very limited in what we can carry.
                What is a bail type?
                In Valor there is hope

Comment

1431539999029.jpg
                  Originally posted by SCSU74 View Post
                  What is a bail type?
                  Model 6280 in leather or plastic that is our issued holster
                  Last edited by AJLEO; 05-13-2015, 02:17 PM.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13240[/ATTACH]

The 6280's are not that great. The 6360 als is so much better of a holster And a lot more secure than the 6280's.
                    Last edited by Tmg; 05-13-2015, 02:31 PM.

Comment

I had a Serpa once. That was when I didn't know any better lol I'll keep ALS holster and X300
                      "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -- Winston Churchill

P.C. 832

Glock and AR-15 Armor

Comment

These holster threads are making my head hurt.

A general Truth: If Safariland is an option, Safariland is the answer.
                        All Gave Some - Some Gave All

{"data-align":"none","data-size":"custom","data-tempid":"temp_14312_1475388990098_890","height":"65","title":"flower.gif","width":"72"}

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13240[/ATTACH]

Pretty sure the 6280 is a SLS, not sure where the word bail came from? As stated the 6360 is a lot more secure with the added ALS, the hood can be down and the firearm remains secure. If you like Blackhawk that's fine, just be aware of all the shortcomings discussed in other threads.
                          In Valor there is hope

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5564 users online. 318 members and 5246 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X