Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackhawk Serpa Duty Holster Question

Hey Guys,

I just ordered my first duty holster off of the internet. I purchased the blackhawk serpa level 3 light bearing holster. Im going to be waiting for a week on it to arrive. This holster is made to be used with the xiphos light system attached. I bought this holster to use with my Glock 21, however my agency doesn't allow for us to attach light mounted weapons unless the deputy is in a specialty unit.

My question is, will the holster still secure my weapon if I do not have the xiphos light attached. I am hoping that someone has experience and has tried this. Or if not I am at least hoping that someone is willing to try this situation with their own rig.

Sorry to ask but I'm hoping to get this answered so that I can cancel the order if I need to before it ships. I have looked all over the internet and cant seem to locate any information on this

Thanks guys!

The holster will hold the gun without the light. Technically the holster does say to use with the light though. I know plenty of people using the holster without the light. Why did you not just buy the holster that does not accommodate the light?

Comment

Xiphose lights are pretty underpowered by today's standards.
      I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Cancel it. BH Serpas are not very good.
        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
          Cancel it. BH Serpas are not very good.
          Second. There are numerous threads and videos on how terrible the Blackhawk serpa system is

Comment

Interesting the OP never came back to comment...

Comment

Originally posted by rrich1 View Post
              The holster will hold the gun without the light. Technically the holster does say to use with the light though. I know plenty of people using the holster without the light. Why did you not just buy the holster that does not accommodate the light?
              I bought the one with the light attachment because I bought it at a way cheaper price. Also the agency that I am about to start with will probably not be my career agency.... for various unrelated reasons. When I do change agencies I figure i can attach the Xiphos light and continue to wear the same holster that I am already used to.

Comment

Sorry I have been meaning to come back i just haven't had the time to come back and check. Finishing up some schoolwork and last minute holiday shopping, I cant forget about the relaxing. Thanks to everyone for the replies.

Comment

Originally posted by upandcomming View Post
                  Sorry I have been meaning to come back i just haven't had the time to come back and check. Finishing up some schoolwork and last minute holiday shopping, I cant forget about the relaxing. Thanks to everyone for the replies.
                  Don't be a bonehead and just leave your weapon in the holster and forget. Take it out a couple or a few times a day to make sure the release action functions properly. There is information out there for everyone to see that it is possible you weapon could actually get stuck in the holster. Again, that is about as serious as you can get other than the other fact that you can accidentally fire the weapon when drawing since your trigger finger is used to engage the release. They also say it can be ripped from the belt. All that seems to be a killer for the holster, so that's why I say it is a holster for the conscientious or regular shooter.

I really like the holster but it isn't the best out there. I really like how fast you can draw from it. Most of the officers in our agency have it with no problems at all.

Comment

Get a Safariland ALS Hoster. Mush better then the serpa. I purchased a level 3 serpa a few year ago to play around with it. I hated it! I decided to go to the ALS holster and never looked back. There is a lot of info on line about that holster and talking to a few LE range stuff about the serpa the information is all true. It is not a good holster. People do shot themselves, the holster can break off and the holster can prevent you weapon for coming out of the holster. I would return the holster and get a Safariland ALS Hoster.
                    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -- Winston Churchill

P.C. 832

Glock and AR-15 Armor

Comment

In 5 years I have never had one issue with my duty Serpa or my off-duty Serpa holsters.
                      The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
                      that we are all that stands between
                      the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

You are lucky, so far... Why take the risk?

Comment

There is a reason that Safariland ALS holsters are some of the most popular out there. They work, all the time. They can be configured for almost any gun and light combo out there with a range of finishes from flat black to basketweave
                          ----
                          West Side is the best side or something like that

Comment

Originally posted by SmallCityCop View Post
                            In 5 years I have never had one issue with my duty Serpa or my off-duty Serpa holsters.
                            Same here of 5+ years. Have multiple serpas for glocks and m&p's never an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by emsrower View Post
                              There is a reason that Safariland ALS holsters are some of the most popular out there. They work, all the time. They can be configured for almost any gun and light combo out there with a range of finishes from flat black to basketweave
                              Blackhawks and Safariland are by far the top two holsters out there. People drive Fords and others drive Chevy's. Thousands of people have serpas and never have an issue with them, myself included.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5512 users online. 312 members and 5200 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X