Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caa roni g2

I’ve always loved Glocks.

I believe the Glock 17 is a fantastic firearm. In its stock configuration, it is excellent.

However, I think with a few upgrades it could be even better!

First off, a suppressor would reduce recoil and would offer extreme suppression with 147gr subsonic ammunition. Plus, it would keep my neighbors happy not to hear me shooting at all hours.

Second, a vertical foregrip (preferably a K grip ala the MP5 K) would allow the support hand to give even more support than just a traditional two-handed grip.

Third, while the standard 17rd magazine is no slouch, a 33rd magazine can offer just a little bit MORE fun, so let’s throw in one (or a few!) of those.

Fourth, a red dot sight would increase the accuracy at distances where the sights cover up the target requiring a hold-over, and even when the front blade is thicker than the target width. In addition, it delivers blazing fast speed up close.

Fifth, a stock can really take a handgun to the next level. It stabilizes the pistol, allowing phenomenal accuracy out of the little squirt.

I have always wanted to SBR a Glock, so in October I E-filed a Form 1 and went shopping!

I looked into various stocks for the Glock, but settled on a chassis kit made in Israel by CAA. The RONI G2 chassis has two push pins (and two captive screws that are not required, but locks everything up a little tighter) that hold the clamshell together around a stock Glock 17/19/22/23/31/32. The aluminum muzzle piece can be removed to allow a suppressor up to 35.5mm diameter. The stock is length adjustable. The top rail is long enough for flip sights and an optic. A manual safety is incorporated that covers the trigger. It is extremely lightweight, made primarily of the same polymers as a Glock frame.

I have a Tactical Solutions TSG-22 kit that replaces the slide, converting the 9mm Glock 17 into a .22lr! Here’s what it looks like with the TSG-22 installed with a .22 suppressor (AAC Pilot).

I got to the range today, and had a blast shooting at 15, 25, and 45 feet. It was fast, accurate, and didn’t take away from the reliability of the Glock one bit!
    J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

I miss you, Dave.
    http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

Without a suppressor, and with the Vortex Spark RDS and 33rd stick.

J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5984 users online. 337 members and 5647 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X