X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KenW.
    replied
    Originally posted by Tmg View Post
    Its no worse than just hitting the trunk button.
    That's all about wiring. My ignition switch has to be on for the trunk to release.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by KenW. View Post
    Cuffs are not that hard to defeat. I advise not to trust your weapon to a hand of leg cuff.
    Its no worse than just hitting the trunk button.

Leave a comment:

• KenW.
    replied
    Cuffs are not that hard to defeat. I advise not to trust your weapon to a hand of leg cuff.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by halfacop View Post
    Obviously by the rack being NON PERMANENT its not exactly going to be theft proof but at least would minimize smash and grab if done right. I guess the question to be asked is where do you want to mount it? Do you have a divider in your squad? Etc.

Are you looking for something with some actual security involved or just a way to keep your rifle in place somewhere with in reach while on patrol?

I would think that a mount could easily be affixed to a over head bar via a couple hose clamps, or if perhaps a mount base could be constructed out of a couple small pieces of plywood and mounted thru the rods in the passenger side headrest, then a mount like the Santa Cruz type could utilized. (I can see it in my head - but not so easy to explain in print)

At that point you'd have to either use the supplied key locks or run a power line and button system to unlock remotely.

If your just looking for a way to secure the gun from falling around - I've seen guys run a bungie cord around the headrest posts of the passenger headrest and slip the barrel between the cord and the seat. The stock is wedged between the seat and patrol bag. A simple pull of the cord and its unhooked and allows free grab and go of rifle.
    I do need some sort of lock. I have thought about keeping it in-between my bag and strapping it to the head rest. I will also use leg irons and cuff the rifle to my lap top mount.

I was just seeing if there are any good alternatives to that method.

Leave a comment:

• halfacop
    replied
    Obviously by the rack being NON PERMANENT its not exactly going to be theft proof but at least would minimize smash and grab if done right. I guess the question to be asked is where do you want to mount it? Do you have a divider in your squad? Etc.

Are you looking for something with some actual security involved or just a way to keep your rifle in place somewhere with in reach while on patrol?

I would think that a mount could easily be affixed to a over head bar via a couple hose clamps, or if perhaps a mount base could be constructed out of a couple small pieces of plywood and mounted thru the rods in the passenger side headrest, then a mount like the Santa Cruz type could utilized. (I can see it in my head - but not so easy to explain in print)

At that point you'd have to either use the supplied key locks or run a power line and button system to unlock remotely.

If your just looking for a way to secure the gun from falling around - I've seen guys run a bungie cord around the headrest posts of the passenger headrest and slip the barrel between the cord and the seat. The stock is wedged between the seat and patrol bag. A simple pull of the cord and its unhooked and allows free grab and go of rifle.
    Last edited by halfacop; 11-25-2014, 04:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Non permanent rifle vehicle mount

Non permanent rifle vehicle mount

Is there any non permanent rifle vehicle mounts? My unit does not have a gun rack so I am looking for an alternative other than keeping my rifle in the truck. I am unable to install a permanent mount in my car per dept policy. As long as I don't drill any holes in my car and the rack is removable I can mount it in my car.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6386 users online. 378 members and 6008 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X